Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!! >

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Notices

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Good luck with the new buisness. Do you have a shop or are you mostly on the road?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakebite A-82
Its unfortunate that some people had to be cut, but as you all agree, thats the sign of the times and you just have to grin and bear it. Anyone who has extended time in the High Performance boating Industry can surely remember the 1989 recession.... boating of all kinds was in the toilet. I myself had to put away my tool box and take a job as a parts driver and laborer for a Plumbing company. It wasn't until 1993 that I got back in to Boat building. All I can say that things do turn around and I've been employed in the High Performance field since then. This includes 12 years at Outerlimits, and an additional 3 and counting at Nor-Tech. I left alot of good friends behind when I left OL, and I hope they aren't to adversly affected by the current state of affairs. I 'm sure that Mike will do the right thing for the "key" people. As for me...its just another day in Paradice in south West Florida. Happy boating!
Beatle
Old 08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Fiore owns OL. The rumor of Russell in a Skater well theres more truth to that.
The boat is Bob's friends, they traded for. He is not switching camps.

Last edited by Whipple Charged; 08-04-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
So let me understand this. Bob Russell has no interest or ownership in OL? He has a brand new OL cat for sale. Did he ever use the OL cat? Now he has a Skater Cat? What is the story?
The boat was basically ready for engines for almost a year. First time out, they had a problem. The engine builder felt that the PSI is so good, it doesn't need an intercooler, and well, it does need an intercooler! I think it's all close to being completed. They are monsters, insane HP. Could give those turbines a run for their money

Last edited by Whipple Charged; 08-04-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
Is that Goldigger with a different paint job?
No, Gold Digger is at OL, and you'll see it running very, very soon!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You might be on to something there Columbo!

OL is a very pricey boat and if your clientele are disappointed with your product they won't buy another. Never hear of a Skater/ MTI buyer trading over to OL but plenty the other way around.

OL should leave the cats up to MTI/ Skater/ Nortech and stick with building very fast/ cool V bottoms. I think they got caught up in the cat craze and spent a lot of time/money on a mold that will not equal riches.
Are you serious? Should Skater leave the V-bottoms to Outerlimits, Fountain.....?? What kind of statement is that? The OL Cat was designed by both OL and Michael Peters, one of the worlds leading Cat designers. Remember that Tencara that went, um like 212mph? Ya, he designed the hull. The guy knows his stuff and they've come up with an incredible boat.

They're also others who have left other camps, My Way, wasn't that previously a Skater? I think you'll see another soon. Not to mention ones from the past.

The OL Cat runs pretty incredible, ask Zach Taylor or My Way how they run and feel. Others are being built, and I'm sure they'll be incredible boats. The next one will be out of this world.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
The boat was basically ready for engines for almost a year. First time out, they had a problem. The engine builder felt that the PSI is so good, it doesn't need an intercooler, and well, it does need an intercooler! I think it's all close to being completed.

now innercooler at what power level?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssm-v1
Hi Im Jason formely from OL. I heard about the thread from friends and started to wath it grow. I have been a member for a very long time and I have very little post.As most of you know I would rather reply on phone or pm then thru posting. But its finally got my attention that someone thinks I need rehab! Krystal Towing Iam not sure where your going with your bold statement Im not sure you even really now me. Since it looks like your new on here (june 08) The marine industry is small there for everyone knows everybody so Im sure some got a chuckle out of your statement. God gave everyone two ears and one mouth for a reason.
As for me everyone I started my own business with some strong clientel "Pybrun. Factory Billet, A Haynesworth just to name a few. I supply the same service at P.R. as I did for OL. Just on all brands. We also specialize in drives, upholstry and paint. And yes Stevie does work for me.

As far as golddigger its at OL for rigging Bill was hoping to run it at Destin but running out of time.
Bob still owns the Ol cat he is running the boat with Hartman at poker runs that why its at LCM he should also be at Destin. The skater is a trade he took in on a coach he had(easier to sell a boat than a coach) and his cat is not a repainted digger believe me.
Hope this all helps a little
And like to wish good luck to all at Ol and the other manufactures. As a wise man once said "we build something that nobody really needs" specially in this economy
Hope to see you all in Destin
Jason

Good to see you on the board big daddy. But you know by telling the truth on here your going to take the fun out of it for many.
As for that drinking problem you have, I'll help you feed it a couple of weeks, I look forward to seeing you Destin.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Are you serious? Should Skater leave the V-bottoms to Outerlimits, Fountain.....?? What kind of statement is that? The OL Cat was designed by both OL and Michael Peters, one of the worlds leading Cat designers. Remember that Tencara that went, um like 212mph? Ya, he designed the hull. The guy knows his stuff and they've come up with an incredible boat.

They're also others who have left other camps, My Way, wasn't that previously a Skater? I think you'll see another soon. Not to mention ones from the past.

The OL Cat runs pretty incredible, ask Zach Taylor or My Way how they run and feel. Others are being built, and I'm sure they'll be incredible boats. The next one will be out of this world.

Thanks
I cant wait to see Mikes cat or who ever owns it when its done. That thing will be bad ass!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I cant wait to see Mikes cat or who ever owns it when its done. That thing will be bad ass!!!

Good.............. I could use some kittys to play with up here.

Quick Reply: Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.