51 Outerlimits

Notices

51 Outerlimits

Old 03-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
If you want to learn about a specific OL, call Mike, not the OL "expert" poser that probably sweeps the floor at the company.

AB....do a little checking would you? LOL

There is no question that if you called Mike Fiore at OL, he would answer any questions that "anyone" may have about any OL's boat. I'm sure the so called poser that you referred to at OL, has and will sweep the floor if it needs it and do what ever owner Mike Fiore ask him to do. I'm not beneath sweeping the floor and see nothing wrong with that, as I do it all the time for my boss (wife) and with pleasure. This so called floor sweeper/poser is a wealth of information and has been willing to share it with anyone on OSO and I'm sure he would even share it with you if you asked him. He is one of the good guys on OSO and if he is OK to work for Mike Fiore and OL. I just can't understand what your fixation is with trying to make him look bad, when you are only doing that to yourself.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
If you want to learn about a specific OL, call Mike, not the OL "expert" poser that probably sweeps the floor at the company.

AB....do a little checking would you? LOL
Personally, I would rather be a floor sweeper at a job i loved than the boss doing something I absolutely hated. With as much as Dan posts, he obviously loves the boats and even if he sweeps floors, if your that into something your going to learn all you can.

If you had an employee, would you want one that was a veritable sponge, wanted to learn as much about the buisneess as possible, wanted to do the best job for you possible and busted his azz, or would you want a guy who clocked in, said the boss was an azzhat, took long lunches and did just enough to keep from getting fired?

If he bugs you that much, dont read his posts or block him. Or do you just enjoy having something to biotch about??
Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
There is no question that if you called Mike Fiore at OL, he would answer any questions that "anyone" may have about any OL's boat. I'm sure the so called poser that you referred to at OL, has and will sweep the floor if it needs it and do what ever owner Mike Fiore ask him to do. I'm not beneath sweeping the floor and see nothing wrong with that, as I do it all the time for my boss (wife) and with pleasure. This so called floor sweeper/poser is a wealth of information and has been willing to share it with anyone on OSO and I'm sure he would even share it with you if you asked him. He is one of the good guys on OSO and if he is OK to work for Mike Fiore and OL. I just can't understand what your fixation is with trying to make him look bad, when you are only doing that to yourself.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Some people on here as well as other sites feel that they need to bash others to make themselves feel better. I have known Dan for several years now and I would be very surprised if any one out there knows as much about performance boats as Dan does, not just outerlimits but all makes and models! Remember this is OUR sport, so lets all keep this from getting personal.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default question for CAT !

Would that be a BAMABRAKE ?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 784 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
I would be very surprised if any one out there knows as much about performance boats as Dan does, not just outerlimits but all makes and models! Remember this is OUR sport, so lets all keep this from getting personal.
thats a pretty bold statement...

No offense but performance boating knowledge extends way beyond re-gurgitating numbers and figures. A salesman can do that. Performance boat knowledge comes from someone who does most if not all of the following first hand:

1. Actively drives performance boats on a daily basis
2. Spends endless amounts of time in the bilge of a boat doing motor work
3. Keen knowledge of hull design and fluid dynamics
4. Knows the inner workings of outdrives, gears ratios, material properties, etc
5. Understands the interaction between motor, outdrives, and user controls
6. Vast knowledge of common boat electrical components and circuitry

The list goes on and on...Simply being the PR person or office assistant in my opinion doesnt get you there.

I would much rather consult the likes of sick stinger for motor questions, glass dave for glass work or hull design, mrfixxall for outdrive questions, etc...People who actively do this stuff on a daily basis.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone miss the point here, if you want information on the boat, either call Dan and speak to him as he knows the boat, or call Mike if you have any serious questions and don't feel comfortable with Dan. I don't see how hull dynamics or anything else comes into question when asking the condition or past history of a boat.... This is just turning into another crap thread. If you don't like Dan, so be it, quit wasting post space on people who are obviously interested in the boat, not what your opinion on someone who WORKS FOR OUTERLIMITS is...

If he was so "stupid" then why does Mike still have him working for the company, I'm sorry bout I've had about enough of listening to this chit....

Last edited by WildThing47; 03-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by madhatter42
Did anyone miss the point here, if you want information on the boat, either call Dan and speak to him as he knows the boat, or call Mike if you have any serious questions and don't feel comfortable with Dan. I don't see how hull dynamics or anything else comes into question when asking the condition or past history of a boat.... This is just turning into another crap thread. If you don't like Dan, so be it, quit wasting post space on people who are obviously interested in the boat, not what your opinion on someone who WORKS FOR OUTERLIMITS is...

If he was so "stupid" then why does Mike still have him working for the company, I'm sorry bout I've had about enough of listening to this chit....
Exactly big Daddy
Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 784 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter42
If he was so "stupid" then why does Mike still have him working for the company
that is quite the argument rocket man...

none of my post was opinion...merely matter of fact.

carry on....
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor

Good for you. You made your decision. Chris Sunkin was a wealth of information and an expert on everything too, and I wouldn't hire him to wash my driveway. LOL Who says Dan is a "wealth of information on OL"? He does? You do? The OL sheep?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Personally, I would rather be a floor sweeper at a job i loved than the boss doing something I absolutely hated. With as much as Dan posts, he obviously loves the boats and even if he sweeps floors, if your that into something your going to learn all you can.

If you had an employee, would you want one that was a veritable sponge, wanted to learn as much about the buisneess as possible, wanted to do the best job for you possible and busted his azz, or would you want a guy who clocked in, said the boss was an azzhat, took long lunches and did just enough to keep from getting fired?

If he bugs you that much, dont read his posts or block him. Or do you just enjoy having something to biotch about??
If he was my employee......I'd make sure he was not posting company related business on business related sites unless AUTHORIZED. If that is/was the case (and Mike is aware of it), then it's all good. I don't think that's the case since Dan's not an advertiser status or commercial status. Get it? He can be a great employee for OL while NOT posting his "opinions" and limited experiences on OSO as "expert".

Quick Reply: 51 Outerlimits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.