tomcei winter project >

tomcei winter project

Notices

tomcei winter project

Old 01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Re: tomcei winter project

I have to agree with you guys. #1 and #3 have the same set up on the upper section. I like this one best as well. The large gauges look best closer together.

Mike : I'm not sure if I could see'um or not. I wont know for sure until I mount the new wheel and stand in the boat and tape some templates on there I guess.

Craney: The kill sw is on the lower lip of the dash. There is room over the hatch sw though.

I wonder if the size of the speedo and tach is too much for the dash size. I really like the monster series gauge on all the other boats I see it on.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the looks of them. I don't think that your test photos are to scale, the guages look bigger than the compass and that is not true. The orig setup was nice but I think the smaller guages were lost in all the white. Go big.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

I don't think that your test photos are to scale, the guages look bigger than the compass
What u talk'n bout Willis

Now I'm gona have to bust out me ruler

It wasn't a perfect science but I had to make them at least as big as the actual gauge so I could be somewhat sure it would fit. The feed back I got from a few was 8" of vertical dash. I'm guessing I have about an inch of dash on the top and bottom of the bezel.

Check out the pics below. The cut out of the gauge is 5"1/4 add the bezel and you add 7/16 ( almost a 1/4" to each side of the gauge)
I don't think I'm too far off am I ??
Attached Thumbnails tomcei winter project-p1200001.jpg   tomcei winter project-p1200002.jpg  
Old 01-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there room to do a pyramid of 3 on either side of the tach and speedo? Have you thought about an eye on the tach and the opposite on the speedo?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

I don't have room for the pyramid. (too much like fountain )

Thanks for you help today Todd. I look foward to the finished product
Old 01-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are right, I guess the compass looked smaller because it is farther away. I still like the big ones though. I may even spring for the bigger ones. My current tach is the bigger one now but I don't like the black VDO.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Registered

Ironman, I think the pasted on gauges in the pics do look a little big but that's most likely a result of the crazy way I made it.
I took the pic from the Livorsi book w/ my digital camara, cut it out, shrunk it, and pasted it.( Kinda like a frankinstein gauge)

Besides the picture looking stupid, does anyone think that the Monster series might not look right on this dash?(too big for the space) They will fit. I am concerned about the overall look,and popular opion from other Pantera owners means alot. I would hate to spend the money on a custom tach and speedo only to see them in person and realize I made a mistake.
I am definately going with monster accessory gauges just iffy on the speedo/tach
Old 01-21-2006, 09:59 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd like to see it w/ the standard tach/speedo sizes.
What is the od of the monster acc's vs the standard tach?
Old 01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Storm if I'm reading the info correctly, It looks like the monster acc gauges with the trim bezel added is 3" 3/8th overall and still not sure on the standard tach/speedo. There are a couple of options in the book I'm still looking at.( you have specialty, standard ,and another I think. plus O.D. is different on the angled bezel verus the flat. )
Old 01-21-2006, 02:04 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

As i told you b4, for functionality, the standard tach and speedo are easy to read from how far your eye is from them.
I would have liked bigger accesory gauges.

Quick Reply: tomcei winter project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.