Old 10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Keep up the great work!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

"Mightaswellanoma" I wonder if I can get a diagnosis from a doctor. That way I can tell my wife, but honey, don't be upset with me, It's a disease and Doc's says there is no cure but at least the boat looks good. I had a exhaust manifold leak that turned into a new motor transome assembly new floor and carpet and will likely lead to new interior.... Wife is still shaking her head, but like yours she did say it looks good now. Keep up the good work...

Maybe we should start a support group. Then we can tell people we're going to our MBA group. "Mightaswellanoma Boaters Annonamous"

Keep the pics coming, I love looking at these projects too.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

Tim, I can't tell you how happy I am that the boat found you! Even though I only owned it for a very short time, I became immediately attached to it and I'm very pleased that it is finally getting the treatment it deserves!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered

By the way, I think you said you were shorter than me, but I couldn't imagine running a 24 as a stand up boat. I really liked how the boat felt and rode with the sitdown seats and I would put in a a vote to try to get some of those Sparco or similar car-race seats for the boat. They'd look trick, hold you in pretty well and keep you more connected to the boat.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by estarmer
"Mightaswellanoma" I wonder if I can get a diagnosis from a doctor. That way I can tell my wife, but honey, don't be upset with me, It's a disease and Doc's says there is no cure but at least the boat looks good.
Tell her Dr. bouyhunter B.H. diagnosed you, it's not terminal, but it's treatable, kind of like an STD, it will never go away. The medication is very expensive, but the results of the proper and best medications are remarkable

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Tim, I can't tell you how happy I am that the boat found you! Even though I only owned it for a very short time, I became immediately attached to it and I'm very pleased that it is finally getting the treatment it deserves!
You said it correctly!
This boat found me when I saw that you bought it. Perfect size for me right now, and I love the old classic lines. I think the lifeline down the deck just screams offshore classic.
By the time I got it home, the attachment was solid.
I mean, to the point that every morning on my way walking down the driveway to get in my truck to go to work, I rub my hand down the deck as I walk past. If the neighbors saw me, they'd probably think I was insane, but it seems natural to me.
I didn't even realize I was doing until I noticed it after about 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
By the way, I think you said you were shorter than me, but I couldn't imagine running a 24 as a stand up boat. I really liked how the boat felt and rode with the sitdown seats and I would put in a a vote to try to get some of those Sparco or similar car-race seats for the boat. They'd look trick, hold you in pretty well and keep you more connected to the boat.
I know you're a bigger guy than me, I'm 5'11" 160. The dropouts are just something I've always wanted. I was used to running my old Baja on Lake Erie in really snotty conditions and didn't flinch. The boat had a high freeboard, and I preferred to stand to take the shock with my legs. I want to be able to run this boat in the water it was built to run in, and not get too beat up. How does it feel running in the rough sitting down?? I would think I'd be nervous everytime my azz lifted off the seat. I was used to locking my feet down when standing.

Again, thanks for the compliments everyone. It may be awhile before another photo update, I've committed the next 2 Sat. to installing new machinery at work, so I'll only have Sundays to work on her. And in a few weeks it's gonna turn cold, it'll be time to start working on parts in the garage. This will be the boring time in the project that looks like nothing is happening, but as I said earlier, details take time.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Registered

Sean or any/everyone, can you post a link to some suggestions for sit-downs?? Ideally, I'd like to be able to fold at least the front area of the seat up/back (if you know what I mean) so that I can stand when docking, I really wouldn't want to be sitting down in a tricky docking situation, or have the seat in my way to get around if I need to leap some where to push off.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

Mine has standup w/drop out "ass-hugger" bolsters. I'm 6 foot 225, and I probably stick out like a boner in sweatpants, but it doesn't bother me any. I'd like to change to sit down sometime down the road, but first things first.

Build up is looking goog BTW.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robltc
Mine has standup w/drop out "ass-hugger" bolsters. I'm 6 foot 225, and I probably stick out like a boner in sweatpants, but it doesn't bother me any.
That actually had me laughing out loud
Old 10-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

Me too! Crying right now!

I'm 6'2" and 260. Here's a couple of photos of the Army boat from the internet (none with a real good shot of the interor, but Jo has to have some) and here's me standing in your 24 (Avalon, Catalina Island CA).

I sat in the seat and braced my feet on the bulkhead. I was very comfortable and locked in. I always ran the boat hard and felt much better about being in the boat rather than on the boat.
Attached Thumbnails WIP - Work In Progress-post-1-80620-cat123.jpg   WIP - Work In Progress-dsc_0565.jpg   WIP - Work In Progress-dsc_0670.jpg  

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 10-15-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by robltc
Mine has standup w/drop out "ass-hugger" bolsters. I'm 6 foot 225, and I probably stick out like a boner in sweatpants, but it doesn't bother me any. I'd like to change to sit down sometime down the road, but first things first.

Build up is looking goog BTW.
that brought tears to my eyes

Quick Reply: WIP - Work In Progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.