Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades >

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Notices

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Old 03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I brought the camera with me Saturday and didn't take any video. Too busy having fun, finally!!! The boat's bascially been out of commission since October 1st...

The Dyno video is horrible too, so not worth posting (assuming I could figure out how to get it from my camera to the computer!).

We've got a couple of 5 blade Hydros kicking around (27, 29) and I've got Dunnoit's 1" spacer that I want to mess with too, plus the Imco lower. Lots to do. Probably hop up to the 27 hydro and see what we get first. Then the spacer, then the lower. We'll see! Should be out again next weekend!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Hey hey! So, the boat ran awesome. It's a complete animal!

81 at 6,000 (on the chip!) with the 26p Bravo. Wow was that a wild ride. It accelerated like a bull coming out of the chute! Obviously, it's time for a bigger wheel. We'll be back out next weekend!

The motor is also CRAZY LOUD!!! And it's a bit cranky around the dock. Oh well, you know what they say. It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll!

Thats Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!! and more like I would expect
I can see it gaining another 5-10mph with the right prop and some tweaking on the prop height. Its got to carry the bow a lot better with that much hp, so you should easily be able go up an inch or maybe more.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good work Dude, looks like some good numbers and possibly on the way to one of the fastest single28 pleasure w/o a blower. Get ahold of WetteVette on the board for some advice on making it less cranky around the docks, he has some great experience with high cr and big solid roller motor carb tuning. Bet you cant wipe the grin off!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Hopefully more this weekend! Thanks guys!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No reports yet? Should we worry??
Old 04-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
No reports yet? Should we worry??
From what I hear, things didn't go as planed .
Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Sorry guys, I was super busy yesterday and don't get on the internet much on the weekends.

Just had some fuel pressure issues. So couldn't get any data.

I can't keep consistent fuel pressure. I've got one of those big red Aeromotive pump running through an Aeromotive regulator. Fuel pressure will fluctuate between 3 and 10# with no real consitent trend for the fluctuation. Anyone running one in a carb application? If so, are you running a return from the regulator to the tank or just straight through?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Sean,

I have never used the Aeromotive pump (however it is what I plan on using in my boat when the time comes) But I would think that you Would need a return line... Although what I have usually found without a return line on a large pump is that the pressure will steadily rise untill reaching a certain pressure... Either way I would think a return would help steady things out... Not saying that it is definatly the answer to your problem but I don't think it would hurt..

Does the tank have provisions for a return ?
Which model # pump & regulator are you using ?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

I've got the big A1000 (45# at 600#/hour) with the standard nonbypass regulator... I read the instructions (imagine that!) from Aeromotive and they say it HAS to have a bypass regulator with a return. So, question answered... Now I've got to get a chance to get to the boat and see if there's a port on the tank and get it rigged up...
Old 04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I've got the big A1000 (45# at 600#/hour) with the standard nonbypass regulator... I read the instructions (imagine that!) from Aeromotive and they say it HAS to have a bypass regulator with a return. So, question answered... Now I've got to get a chance to get to the boat and see if there's a port on the tank and get it rigged up...
If you don't have a port(or can't get to it) I have a brand new T-fitting that splices into the fuel fill line. I bought it to use for a return line on my 24 but I could get to a 2nd port on my tank.

Quick Reply: Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.