Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades >

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Notices

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Old 04-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought that you would probably need one... What is it that makes Dudes just want to bypass the instructions..... ( sorry bro I couldn't resist )

I have taken non bypass regulators & turned them into a return style regulator before by jetting down one of the extra ports... But I would recomend just getting the aeromotive bypass regulator , I believe it is also called an A1000

Not sure on the tank provisions but if I was betting I would say that it has one & I 'm sure somebody on here can answer that one for you. Ifso It will be a simple fix , but a couple hundred bucks as usual..
Old 04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I've got the big A1000 (45# at 600#/hour) with the standard nonbypass regulator... I read the instructions (imagine that!) from Aeromotive and they say it HAS to have a bypass regulator with a return. So, question answered... Now I've got to get a chance to get to the boat and see if there's a port on the tank and get it rigged up...
I had to drink your beer on Saturday at the Islandif you don't drive the boat nothing can break
Old 04-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Sean, do like Kennedy did w/ his extra fuel.
Just dump your excess fuel overboard
Old 04-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered

I've got the big A1000 (45# at 600#/hour) with the standard nonbypass regulator... I read the instructions (imagine that!) from Aeromotive and they say it HAS to have a bypass regulator with a return. So, question answered... Now I've got to get a chance to get to the boat and see if there's a port on the tank and get it rigged up...
you should have two of these along w/ the sending unit.
The other bung is plugged and just out of site in this pic.

Well crap ,can't post a pic. time to come off the hip.
back in a flash
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

here ya go
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-p6060027.jpg  
Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 920 Posts

There are 2 bunges welded into the top of the tank under the plate below the back seat. One just had a pipe plug in it. It should be a simple hook up.

I think it only had 3/8 fuel line out of the tank. Did you modify that?? I think you will need 1/2 inch with your HP.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is how I did it since I have no extra ports in the fuel tank. There's a good idea to add a fuel cooler if you plumb it like this since it heats the fuel that goes round and round...

Nevermind the relay next to the filter, I put it there while testing the fuel pump last year. It has now been rigged properly.

Another good thing is to avoid 90deg, and more, angled fittings on the high flow/suction sides, but you probably already know that.
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-sm_bild-154.jpg  

Last edited by tomas_wallin; 04-09-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomcei
here ya go
Wow, there sure is a big difference in cockpit floor height in my Pantera.
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-sm_bild-161.jpg  
Old 04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

That's great! Thanks guys! Well that's going to be my next adventure. I don't want to run the boat until I get this re-rigged so I don't cook this million dollar pump... But don't worry Tom, I'll try to make the thrash this weekend and if that doesn't work, I'll try to shame someone else ino taking us out for a ride on Monday!

The really embarassing part... the first day we ran the TA car, it ate a 400gph Barry Grant race pump in about 20 minutes. The pump just burned itself out. Brand new pump, brand new race car. So, nice to know that 5 years later, I finally figured out why!!! : (

Confucious said "The smart man learns from his own mistakes, the wise man learns from the mistakes of others..." And buffoons like me never learn a damn thing either way!!

Phil, you should have had the Catalina express stop and drop me some beers while I was floating around waiting for the carb to dry out half way to the island. Nice that all the people we were supposed to run with actually turned up so that we had someone to hang out with... (Where's the "handie" smiley face? )
Old 04-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil, you should have had the Catalina express stop and drop me some beers while I was floating around waiting for the carb to dry out half way to the island. Nice that all the people we were supposed to run with actually turned up so that we had someone to hang out with... (Where's the "handie" smiley face? )
WOW! A reply 24 hours later! Boy, you must have had to work yesterday or something! Better rich than lean anyway Your not to far from having that monster cranking.

Quick Reply: Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.