X dimension on 28 w/twins

Notices

X dimension on 28 w/twins

Old 07-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default X dimension on 28 w/twins

What would be a starting point for the X dimension on a pantera 28 with twin sbc and bravos? Converting a mirage 29 to bravos from trs. and the boats are very similar.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have some measurements off of my old 28 twin sbc boat that I would be glad to give you , when I get back to the shop..
Like I said it was a twin small block boat & had XR with ITS's on it so it did have 7" of setback.. The boat seemed to like the X real well not saying it was the "perfect #'s" but the boat came right up on plane , the prop slip was really low , & for what its worth I thought with the power the boat had it was performing pretty close to its best...like I said I will be glad to help all I can & will post the #'s when I get back down there (no latter than monday) It will atleast give you a good baseline..
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's for boosted scarab on here he is rerigging his boat and is ready to cut the transom. What's the saber's height? the mirage and the saber are probaly very similar too. The video on youutube of your pantera is cool .

Last edited by northernoffshore; 07-26-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

I must say that is kinda funny b/c The motors going in Dave's Mirage came out of my Pantera... I was about to ask you for details about the mirage but I think I have them now... lol...

I am currently rigging my Saber with a single not twins..

I just sent Dave a P.M.

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 07-26-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

I just pulled some measurments from the stencil I made off the transom of my old boat & the X was 15" from the centerline of the shaft to the bottom of the boat , which is pretty low in my opinion...

Heres another referance point : If you measure a straight line accross both drives down to the peak of the V it was 22 1/4"

15" is the number though.... Like I said I think that was a bit low , but it was an older boat so... However it did perform pretty well in my opinion for the given power but if I was rigging the boat I would go higher....
I would reccomend whatever height you find is optimum for a 28 Pantera , I would think the Mirage would need to be a touch lower due to the exrta weight & the added length of the boat... Also something to keep in mind most of the #'s you may get from Pantera owners will be twin BBC's which will differ not much but still a small bit...

Hope this helps you guys some....