Hanging In The Balance

Notices

Hanging In The Balance

Old 12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Nope.

I like twins. Thank you for asking. I like Panteras too. The combination would probably be delightful.

Nah. That will happen to you automatically without any assistance from me. My aim was to suggest to our younger folks reading along that perhaps there was more involved in porpoising than that.

Nope. I don't.
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...?t=1001&page=5 go run and cry about it, maybe those readers will give a chit.

Dr Dan - sorry for the hijack. Fund Razor is a serious offshore moderator. So serious he has to come over here and stir chit up

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 12-02-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Easy kids...

I OWNED A TWIN 28... 502 EFIs.
What a great boat, especially for the money...
But, if I had to rewind time and do it again.. I'd much rather have been in a single.
The twin BB boat was just too tail heavy, there is no way around that..I don't care how you try to justify it....
The twins made maintenence a nightmare. My knuckles were so torn up while I owned that boat...
Do a 28 with at least a 525 with XR on ITS and it would make a great reliable, fun, and affordable boat.
If you're thinking new... the ultimate would be the 700 with NXT. Merc has a cambered skeg for the single now. Don't waste time trying to turn a maximus.. go for the #6 prop and you'll see a whole new animal.

PLease do like has been suggested and call Jo or Pepe at the shop. You can pick up more truth in 5 minutes from a conversation with them than any of the guys on the internet can give you in 5 days...
Jo and Pepe are good people with a great product. I was proud to own the boat I did and you'd be happy with one too.
(It takes a lot to get me to say that, as I'm also a boat builder)
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater

So serious he has to come over here and stir chit up
I'm just a member here, just like you.
But, I dropped the chip off my shoulder years ago.

Dr. Dan - good luck in the boat search.
There are a few out there, but the right one will call you to her.
Be patient, keep your eyes open, and when it's the right one - jump on it!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
That's why you 2 run light layup no cabin, no frills boats.
Hey ... what's this?? I have been very very busy Storm ..... I just have'nt posted pics since early August .... not cushy but nice enough for me! Also the new double zipper opening tonneau with velcro roll up turned out real nice for a race entrance to the cabin, and privacy for the cabin, oh and don't forget the head!

Boat is now a real Hybrid Race/Pleasure single.....
Attached Thumbnails Hanging In The Balance-new-tonneau-cabin.jpg   Hanging In The Balance-new-cabin-finished.jpg   Hanging In The Balance-new-cabin-closeup.jpg  

Last edited by mikeb4; 12-02-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:34 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...?t=1001&page=5 go run and cry about it, maybe those readers will give a chit.

Dr Dan - sorry for the hijack. Fund Razor is a serious offshore moderator. So serious he has to come over here and stir chit up
Hey Andy you are a great know it all, now go F$%% yourself, and get your boat done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 AM
Registered

Cry? My thread? Neither. Someone else's thread. I don't have a monopoly on knowing that you are a tool.
In fact, I was rather pro-Nancy on that thread.

The fact that I have the honor of keeping spam out of the classifieds on a forum has nothing to do with calling your expert comment about porpoise into question.
Yes, sorry for the hijack.
But Andy just slammed Bill hard over an offhand comment about bulkheads. Then he makes broad sweeping and incomplete comments about porpoising. Seemed only fair to use it as a teachable moment for young Andy.

On topic... having run a variety of singles and twins in the 26-30 foot range... I just really like the feeling of twins.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeb4
lol...now that you added 25lbs to the bow, you've thrown the whole COG off!
You know i'm not bashing your boats, but they are not indicative of the standard single.

btw, twin bbc may get the new 28SR TS pretty low in the stern. how you think she'd be at idle w/ a 3-4chop following sea?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikeb4
Hey ... what's this?? I have been very very busy Storm ..... I just have'nt posted pics since early August .... not cushy but nice enough for me! Also the new double zipper opening tonneau with velcro roll up turned out real nice for a race entrance to the cabin, and privacy for the cabin, oh and don't forget the head!

I like it. I'm wanting to do the same thing with mine.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by Pantera572
Dr Dan, I can see why you are hanging on to that 22. Very sweet combination with that power. You will have some tough decisions to make on power for a new 28TS. There are some great options to choose from.
Annapolis is where I first fell in love with Donzi's when I was a kid. Great place to boat.
Keep us posted on your decisions!
Greg
Greg, Thanks....its been a fun little boat...our first boat at that... I am considering all the qualified advice and appreciate it.

Not being a regular on OSO, I am not at all familiar with the indepth behind the scenes situations that tend to plague on line discussion boards, some more than others. So I can't comment on any of that...

I am excited about getting a 28 Sport Pantera, not gonna be doing a Race Set up but I am putting out feelers for alot of possible candidates to acquire - so we will see what the future holds.

Thanks Again for the guidance... its been an education. As I get closer to a decision, I will contact Jo directly and inquire about the specific boats I am considering.

Doc of the Bay
Old 12-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
lol...now that you added 25lbs to the bow, you've thrown the whole COG off!
You know i'm not bashing your boats, but they are not indicative of the standard single.

btw, twin bbc may get the new 28SR TS pretty low in the stern. how you think she'd be at idle w/ a 3-4chop following sea?
Nope! you forget I added a swim platform on the back .. voila' counter balance. I could use more power like almost anybody .... but I am really happy at 70 without prop work and a 55 cruise with the 4 blade. I start prop work this next spring.

Last edited by mikeb4; 12-03-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Hanging In The Balance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.