24 Foot TRS x dimension >

24 Foot TRS x dimension

Notices

24 Foot TRS x dimension

Old 11-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88bullet
i can probably have a measurement on a trs boat from the gimble to the bottom for you tomorrow. there is one in the pole barn sitting next to my top gun.
thats alright man i think im just going to call the pros for some advice and hopefully find a jig to borrow or rent
Old 11-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
The Konrad is just shy of 2" shorter iirc. With that power why the left hand drive and 5 blade prop?
We bought it set up this way and have only had it out a couple of times. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I only see a need for the left hand drive if you're 26" pitch or higher, that's when they start having enough leverage to lean the boat to one side when running hard. Unless the x dimension is very high I can't see the 5 blade being necessary. Start off by throwing a 24" bravo 1 prop on it and see how that is. A mirage prob won't work too well with the shorter Konrad drive. If the 24 is a little steep and a 22 works better for the motor get your hands on a right hand trs to try and see how it handles.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered

We have "spare" right and left rotation TRS drives on the Superboat and Sutphen we can throw on there for testing purposes as well as a pile of Mirage props. Should we stick with the Konrad or swap on a TRS? As-is, the boat porpoises badly at cruising speed and seems to want to walk the stern when you hit the gas hard (and especially on re-entry if you have some air under it).

Thanks for the help!

Sparky, sorry for the thread-jack. I'll be interested to see how your project turns out. We boat out of Falmouth and are often on Buzzards Bay so we'll probably see you out there. I will say that we've been impressed with how solidly the Excalibur is built and especially for an older boat. You can land it hard without it shaking, groaning, etc.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Yea we run from onset to oakbluffs and everywhere in between woodshole, magansett, bassett island, is ussually where we are at. With the excalibur im hoping to be able to run down to Narragansett more often though. Barring any blown up engines or similar mishaps this season is looking like 100% for me hahah

And yea they are a really nice boat much better than some of the other 24 footers, the fact that the entire deck is glassed on to the hull really helps i think.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered

I just talked to pepe he says that he cant remember exactly what the perfect x for TRS was, but he remembers that whatever the mercruiser stock spec for the x was, it was 2 inches over that and the boat would run perfect. He actually told me to call up mercruiser and find out what the old x was supposed to be see if i can get one of the guys to look it up on the microphish. He also told me to check with some others first too cause his memory could be wrong.

Now DBA this will be useful to you, he says that whatever you do dont put a left hand drive on a 24 footer, it was funny that he brought it up cause i didnt even ask about it. He said he did that one time cause merc was backordered for right hands and the boat ran like sh*t, really squirrely and so bad he had to take the boats back and switch them to right hand drives. He said it didnt make any sense to him because he thought that it would help the boat not lean over as much but for whatever reason it just doesnt work

Last edited by sparky24; 11-26-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sparky24
I just talked to jo he says that he cant remember exactly what the perfect x for TRS was, but he remembers that whatever the mercruiser stock spec for the x was, it was 2 inches over that and the boat would run perfect. He actually told me to call up mercruiser and find out what the old x was supposed to be see if i can get one of the guys to look it up on the microphish. He also told me to check with some others first too cause his memory could be wrong.

Now DBA this will be useful to you, he says that whatever you do dont put a left hand drive on a 24 footer, it was funny that he brought it up cause i didnt even ask about it. He said he did that one time cause merc was backordered for right hands and the boat ran like sh*t, really squirrely and so bad he had to take the boats back and switch them to right hand drives. He said it didnt make any sense to him because he thought that it would help the boat not lean over as much but for whatever reason it just doesnt work
Call nopper. I know his boy has a excal 24. He has had it a while so it should b dialed. Trs boat.
lot of 24 7 on buzzards bay for 14 season
Old 11-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

im gunna stop by nopper 2moro. Im hoping he has a jig i can borrow or rent
Old 11-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab63
Call nopper. I know his boy has a excal 24. He has had it a while so it should b dialed. Trs boat.
lot of 24 7 on buzzards bay for 14 season
I think i might own the boat you are thinking of, the only other excalibur i know of is that ironman one but thats a bravo boat. either way i went by nopper he told me that 1 to 1.5 over stock is where to cut it but that honestly he would just cut it where it was. Now that i think about it if i even raise the x my exhaust will come out through part of the deck so yeah chances are im just going to cut it where it was
Old 11-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Was thinking iron man. Idk it was b1.
Ya with my b1 [email protected] my exh is right up a against the rub rail

good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.