Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
24' SE Pantera Build thread >

24' SE Pantera Build thread

Notices

24' SE Pantera Build thread

Old 08-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cam swap day and started getting the engine ready for the drop in.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Registered

Seats going back together! I cut the back seat wood and side panels based on pictures I liked.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Registered

We caught a break in the rain and dropped the engine in, new gimbal bearing and all that day.

Following day I installed the tabs and retro fit electric trim tab rams.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:01 PM
Registered

I made an inline flush to start the engine on the hose for the first time. Its primitive but does the job.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:07 PM
Registered

And the most recent video

Old 08-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So you got engine, exhausts, bravo setup and a spare trailer outta the vector? Decent haul.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
So you got engine, exhausts, bravo setup and a spare trailer outta the vector? Decent haul.
Complete boat yes, hull was junk. Soft from the stringers around the tank through the exhaust holes up in the transom. The bottom hit a rock and started peeling glass off on the guys way home, an entire chime was missing from the Vector. I honestly think he ran it again after that because it delaminated in other spots further up the boat.

That is the only trailer. I picked up the Pantera the day after I took the Vector to the dump. There was a day to re-carpet the bunks between the dump and the pantera going on it lol. The engine was carb to pan with all accessories on it. The drive has better gears in the upper. The transom assembly unfortunately took a shot. My guess is when the first upper went it put a hole in the assembly, it was the size of a golf ball above the cooling neck. I don't think he ever knew it. He was surprised when I showed him pictures. He did give me the old lower though lol. I also used the wiring harness including a full msd setup with the distributor, gauges, drop out seats and the rub rail lined up almost perfect!!! I also got two props too. I have a ton of stuff to sell between the two boats.
The only part that didn't fit was the stern light, the Pantera was way bigger. The steering wheel and throttle weren't period correct so I bought them to match the style of the Pantera. The Pantera came with the steering box/cable and throttle/shifter cables which was good because the Vector is a side mount and they are too short for a top mount setup.

I'm happy with the way it turned out. I get constant compliments and thumbs up everywhere it goes.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

And imagine the time-expense to buy each piece seperately... where is it faster? Light chop or glass?
Old 08-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
And imagine the time-expense to buy each piece seperately... where is it faster? Light chop or glass?
Light chop is fastest
I probably would have never bought it if it wasnt for the vector.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Question Post #45

I can see the aluminum stringer to pedistal brackets 2 holes on the top 3 holes on the side. By any chance would you have an extra set ? Thanks in advance for a reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.