Fueling issue >

Fueling issue

Notices

Fueling issue

Old 06-23-2021, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
There is no easy way to do that. The fill and vent hoses attach to the tank under the floor in the area in front of the passenger side bolster. There is a cut out hole there with and the cut is made at a 45* angle and the floor piece is then siliconed back in place. I know the fuel fill tube is behind the carpet in the boxed in corner of the closet cabinet. I think the vent tube needs to be accessed from behind the passenger dash panels but not 100% on that. I know all this because I thought I had fuel leak due vapors in the cabin and pulled everything apart. Turned out that the clamps for the fill hose had come loose.

Everybody keeps saying his vent tube might plugged?? How can that be if he is getting fuel out of it then??

My guess is the fuel vent hose loop is not high enough anymore. The loop needs to be higher than the fuel fill to work properly
I was thinking that about the vent not being clogged because fuel is coming out of it but then some guys mentioned the vent possibly running directly to the fill hose. I appreciate the info on where I can access the hose
Old 06-23-2021, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

I have seen where boats (seemingly built on a Monday or Friday) had hose that was too long in either the main fuel or the Vent lines. Excess fuel line the hose sagged lower than the filler neck on the tank = very slow fill.

For a long vent hose, it created a trap effect (think the same principal in a sink trap) where the vent line held fuel but couldn't drain back to the tank and doesn't allow air to vent - builds up with pressure from refueling and it will blow fuel overboard out the vent but also has enough fuel coming back up to replace the fuel previously held in the bellied hose (never ending cycle). This is an easy fix by getting the hose to lay/fit (shorten) correctly.

Hopefully the OP gets it solved.

Last edited by speicher lane; 06-23-2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:40 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane

For a long vent hose, it created a trap effect (think the same principal in a sink trap) where the vent line held fuel but couldn't drain back to the tank and doesn't allow air to vent - builds up with pressure from refueling and it will blow fuel overboard out the vent but also has enough fuel coming back up to replace the fuel previously held in the bellied hose (never ending cycle). This is an easy fix by getting the hose to lay/fit (shorten) correctly.

Hopefully the OP gets it solved.
Thanks, much better words than mine. Seen this a bunch of times. Sucks when you walk by a boat trying to fill up on land and gas shoots out at you.

Bile pumps too, but that's another story.