Notices

Poker Run Newby

Old 01-20-2006, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Poker Run Newby

The KY lake run is very interesting. It is about 5 hours from us and it looks like a great area to visit. Would that be a good run to bring our 3 yr old on. He absolutely loves being on the boat so that is always enticing. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Spade
Yep, Charlie's Tickfaw 200 is on, sad to say, some stops were lost in Katrina
visit his website at www.dundeeproductions.com
DO YOU KNOW IF THE CHANELS WILL BE DREDGED OUT. WHEN I WAS VISTING FOR X MAS I WAS IN A BUDDIES GO FAST AND RAN AGROUND IN THE CHANEL OF MANCHAC PASS 1.5 FEET OF WATER NOT MANY DEEP AREAS OF THE LAKE AFTER KATRINA. IT IS SAD TO SAY THAT THE CHICKEN DROP AND JAEGERS ARE GONE.

Last edited by BY U BOY; 01-20-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 AM
Registered

try flpowerboat.com some of the best runs in the country without a doubt.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquatictherapy
I have never done a poker run before, but my wife and I want to do one or two this year. We are located about an hour from LOTO, but have no interest in that lake. What are some good runs to do? We have a 28' Powerquest, is this boat big enough to do the runs? Some that interest us are Hot Springs, Chicago, Texoma, and Lewisville. All are about 6 hours from our house. BTW we keep our boat at Norfork in Arkansas. Any help would be great. Scott

Paducah KY, about 6 hours from you, at KY Lake, May 20, about 75 boats, some of the best water in America, preparty Friday night at Buzzard Rock, run starts at 10:00, lunch, dinner, afternoon games, dinner all included. Money raised for the family service center of a national guard unit.

We will have extensive television coverage, helicopters, and the like, over 100 sponsors, etc, etc, etc

Also there is one in August and one in September, I do not have details on the August run, but it is always fun, a guy named Mitch puts it on, we offered to help this year but I think he has it all worked out. I put on the May and September events, as well as a lot of others, we generally have something planned each month.

On Feb 25 we have a "Winter Chill Out" near KY Dam, sponsors, free admission, finger food, band, lots of boat vidoes, this is mostly a social event. March 4 is a boat show in conjunction with Paducah International Raceway, dirt track cars and powerboats, trophies for fans choice of best looking boat, April we are talking about a golf outing, not sure if that will take off or not, if not we will have a April Fools Day Boat Fools run, June is a convoy run to Nashville I think, I know we have a run also planned to Evansville. I wonder how it would be to run to St Louis, they do not have a lot of big water lakes so I do not know if they have a powerboat community there.

info at: www.wkypa.com, or [email protected]

Other sites include www.kylakepokerrun.com, kylake.com, and explorekentuckylake.com, all have good info.

Hope to see you on KY Lake some time this simmer, you will fall in love with it. We were at LOTO once last year, wow, rough water, even in a 31' v hull. KY Lake is MUCH better water, and a LOT more of it. Send a note if you want more info.

Last edited by dean51267; 01-24-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dean51267
Also there is one in August and one in September, I do not have details on the August run, but it is always fun, a guy named Mitch puts it on, we offered to help this year but I think he has it all worked out.
intresting,, you don't even know my last name now,,,, offered to help me do what?? You use my pictures and magazine article to promote your event's, but you don't know me!!

some guy Mitch
Old 05-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scott

12th Annual Oshkosh Thunder Poker Run on a BIG lake. June 16 & 17. Anywhere from 24' to 50' show up. Expect around 80 to 90 this year.
Lots of cool cloths, great meals, great times. www.oshkoshthunder.com
Old 06-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Registered

I have heard oshkosh is a blast, , maybe next year, we are thinking of hitting cumberland in sept., for our first true poker run, our little 25 sunsation should handle it ok , will have to run in the slow group boat only does 75mph.I heard they sold the rights to that run to a marina .according to the website