Notices

Jammin On The James 2007

Old 04-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Psychoboater...Did you ask what number you were on the list? I'm 21st out of 32 and I called Feb 15th? I have a feeling the girl didn't put me on the list in feb and it wasn't until I called back in march that I got on.

I called a week before you, dont know what number on the list I am didnt think to ask. If for some reason I get lucky and get a spot and there is room along side of me Ill be more than happy to raft someone up. Itll cost a beer
Old 04-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hotel info:

• For anyone driving into the area Friday night there are several good hotels near the interstates. At the intersection of I295 and Route 10 is an Amerisuites (804) 530-4600. At the intersection of I95 and Route 10 is a Homewood Suites (804) 751-0010 and a Marriott Courtyard (804) 414-1010, both of which offer good trailer parking.

I don't know of any 'good' hotels in Hopewell. They're there, but I wouldn't stay in one.

I'll be sending out a 2-page 'instruction' sheet in about a month that has ramp directions, etc, so just be patient. As for Jordan Point, they have a lot of slips with no power or water so they have a hard time renting them out. Last year we got everyone in and still had slips left open. I say if you want to have your boat in the water Friday night, go ahead and launch and we'll find a spot for you. This is a big deal for them, so they do the best they can to help us out.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Blue by You
I'm going to find a back up. Where is the other place down river?
Heading east, the closest place is on the Chickohominy (sp) River. I'm guessing that would be 25-30 miles from JP. Rocksteady can probably provide details. If you want to go to Busch Gardens try Kingsmill (about 35 miles from JP), but the slips there are $100/ngt, irregardless of boat size.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cignificant
Heading east, the closest place is on the Chickohominy (sp) River. I'm guessing that would be 25-30 miles from JP. Rocksteady can probably provide details. If you want to go to Busch Gardens try Kingsmill (about 35 miles from JP), but the slips there are $100/ngt, irregardless of boat size.
I don't think Kingsmills ramp can handle anything bigger than 20'. There are 3 marinas on the Chickahominy.
1. Colonial Harbor it has gas,ramp and restaraunt
2. Rockahock Campground it has ramp and restaraunt. no gas.
3. Rivers Rest it has gas,ramp,restaraunt and a motel.
I've got a full dock and house at my place on friday night but any body that wants to stay at one of the 3 places on the Chick can follow my group up Saturday morning at 8:30. Rocksteady puts in at Colonial Harbor usually i'm sure he would be glad to lead anybody downriver to meet up with us.

Last edited by ACTIVESHACK; 04-28-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psychoboater
Psychoboater...Did you ask what number you were on the list? I'm 21st out of 32 and I called Feb 15th? I have a feeling the girl didn't put me on the list in feb and it wasn't until I called back in march that I got on.

I called a week before you, dont know what number on the list I am didnt think to ask. If for some reason I get lucky and get a spot and there is room along side of me Ill be more than happy to raft someone up. Itll cost a beer
I called on Jan. 29 th and it put me at 18th on the list.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blue by you
I'm trying to get a slip Thursday & Friday...I'd really like to not have to pay for another hotel for 2 more nights.
Jim - you and Patty are welcome to stay with us - we have plenty of room. We are 20 min from the hotels Steve is suggesting - 35 minutes total from hopewell yacht club.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:24 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ca$hed Out
Jim - you and Patty are welcome to stay with us - we have plenty of room. We are 20 min from the hotels Steve is suggesting - 35 minutes total from hopewell yacht club.
Shawn;

Thanks Brother...Patty and I will be in touch.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:33 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ca$hed Out
I wanna stay too.Let me talk to Lisa she likes me better than Jim.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:21 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Rich...Manwhore!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Rich...Manwhore!!!
Yes I am and my wife bought me a shirt that says that on it.

Quick Reply: Jammin On The James 2007

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.