Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008 >

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Old 09-17-2008, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question for you vagrant, how can we guarantee that no one will get offended when there are already members of the Carolina Boating Club, as your self, offended by the big boys coming to the lake. I see it as a way to get out of the bet. Being offended that is. It doesn't matter how the bet turns out with Kenny and Nascat. Kenny will make sure and be proud to donate any amount of money for the children. Remember that is what this is all about. And just to let you know, Kenny and and I are ONE, therefore we have ONE membership. And also my name is WENDY not windy. No lashing here, we all want to have a safe run and we will raise money for the cause. Hope you can join us.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure he knows your name is Wendy, not Windy.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
I'm pretty sure he knows your name is Wendy, not Windy.
Probably NO different than she knows mines not NASSCAT but she thinks so & I'm ok w/ that.

The thing that confuses me is whether they are Scaredy Cat or Scardey Cat??? I wish they would just pick one b/c it gets so confusing when you look at the avatar & profile.

Besides TCB you know as well as I do the person that starts the thread is in charge, can do no wrong & has final say & the last word on everything. Forum Rules Common Knowledge of Course!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

The weather looks like it will be good and not too hot.

Extended Forecast

Friday Partly Cloudy
Low: 56° High: 77°

Saturday Partly Cloudy
Low: 56° High: 74°

Sunday Partly Cloudy
Low: 56° High: 76°
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
The weather looks like it will be good and not too hot.

Extended Forecast

Friday Partly Cloudy
Low: 56° High: 77°

Saturday Partly Cloudy
Low: 56° High: 74°

Sunday Partly Cloudy
Low: 56° High: 76°

Hey Dock - How WINDY do you think it will be? I heard chairs and tables tend to get knocked over.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaredy Cat
I have a question for you vagrant, how can we guarantee that no one will get offended when there are already members of the Carolina Boating Club, as your self, offended by the big boys coming to the lake. I see it as a way to get out of the bet. Being offended that is. It doesn't matter how the bet turns out with Kenny and Nascat. Kenny will make sure and be proud to donate any amount of money for the children. Remember that is what this is all about. And just to let you know, Kenny and and I are ONE, therefore we have ONE membership. And also my name is WENDY not windy. No lashing here, we all want to have a safe run and we will raise money for the cause. Hope you can join us.
Windy, Windy, Wendy, or Kenny which ever. To answer your question I 'm not offended , never was . Now lets stay on track.. The topic was about the bet. When the bet was made, there was no question of the wording then, you accepted the bet.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

So everyone knows where I am coming from. I am not a lawyer but this is how I see it. Being totally objective!!

[QUOTE=NASCAT;2522586]Put your money where your mouth is & guarantee no one will get hurt, offended & that performance boating as we know it today on LKN will be unchanged after your PRA event & then I'll support you. Until then I'd seriously reconsider the whole thing. This comment states that "if you guarantee this then I will SUPPORT YOU"

With less than 20 posts on OSO, not sure how many if any on BF or CPBA I don't care how long you've lived or boated in NC or on LKN it's clear to me that it's all about you & your agenda not the best interests of those that live & boat their regularly. Blah, blah, blah

Might consider taking an ego relaxer b/c all I hear you saying is the PRA Run is going to happen w/ or w/o the CPBA support & thats fine but last I checked your not the voice or managing member of PRA so where do you get off making those statements. Blah, blah, blah

Want to impress me bet me $2500 that your run is going to happen, if it doesn't for any reason at all you donate $2500 to a charity of my choice, if the PRA run does take place I'll donate $2500 to your favorite charity or Egotistics Annonymous, if you prefer.[/QUOTE]
This paragraph, totally seperate from the first talks money. It says " bet me $2500 that your run is GOING TO HAPPEN" If it doesnt then you donate to my charity if it does then I will donate to yours or "Egotistics Annonymous"

Is it illogical to think that the first paragraph had something to do with the last?

The whole thing is stupid. Lets let it go - and hopefully when everything goes great we can come back and talk about how PRA did a good job. PLEASE!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

What a picture perfect day here in the Carolinas. The sun is out and the Carolina blue sky does not have a cloud in it.

The weather looks to be awesome this weekend and even though I’m a few miles north of the lake I can already hear the roar.

As a local I just want to say Thank You to those that have worked hard to make this event happen, a big THANK YOU to Bill Taylor and Poker Runs America for seeing all the area has to offer and bringing a first rate event to LKN and last but not least a big THANK YOU to all the folks that are planning to attend and support PRA and the charity.

I have received many emails and phone calls from local friends that are really happy you are coming and I assure you that most of us are very excited and welcome you here. If there is anything I can do to help or assist any of you please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to enjoy LKN as I have enjoyed visiting many of your lakes and water ways.

My Gates Rubber rep lives on Norman and we visit him a lot and I am amazed at how warm the water still is with these cool nights we are having. Plenty of warm water, lake levels are high and the sky’s are BLUE.

It’s going to be a great weekend.

See you all there.

Mark & Tommie

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 09-18-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default For the Record

ap,

Let's recap what has really happened here. On 4/04/08 an individual made an unofficial announcement regarding this run mixing words like CONFIRMED participation with LOOKING AT a NASCAR experience & so forth. 4 days & 6 posts later this same individual stated the run will happen & directs another OSO member who did nothing other than cut & paste an e-mail he received from PRA stating they had no intentions of having the run to cease posting. Obviously conflicting stories but one person had it in writing & another took it upon himself to be a spokesperson for the PRA even though he's not a managing member.

From there many LKN boaters as well as other familiar w/ LKN expressed their concern over a spectrum of issues mostly the size of the lake, the speed & safety. It became a heated debate which is certainly allowable on internet forums where opinions are not censored. The intensity escalated as did the lack of professionalism & maturity displayed by PRA's self proclaimed spokesperson.

4 days later on 4/12/08 post#53 I threw down the guantlet. Interpret it as you may it matters not to me the terms were clearly stated all in the same post.

Now fast forward to 9/15/08 post#121 & Scaredy Cat or his lovely bride decided to stir the pot. Keep in mind that I hadn't posted anything in close to a month. In fact my last post was 8/20/08 post#117. I responded to SC post the very next day @ 7:27am saying very little & restating the obvious.

NOW HERE IS WHERE YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS and all the subsequent negative posting that has occurred since then.

Just 13 mins after my response to Scaredy Cat @ 7:40am post#124 you by your own free will elected to involve yourself by posting Bullchit......bullchit!!!!!!!

In my opinion you have no one to blame but yourself & maybe WD for 4 consecutive days of heavy bombing that this thread & this PR have experienced. The bet is between me & KD NOT YOU. Now while I agree that this is a public forum subject to public opinion I challenge you once AGAIN to choose a side. You can't elect to offer your opinion like you did, then expect everyone else to only post what you want to hear. Just doesn't make sense.

You & I have locked horns over this thread & thats fine b/c individuals are NEVER going to agree on every subject. Has it gotten out of hand, absolutely, do I share responsibility in it, absolutely but then again so do you but for whatever reason you believe you can come & go & say what you want w/o anyone being able to hold you accountable. Well guess what accountability & facts are right up my alley so I have continued to challenge your emotional, personalized shoot from the hip statements b/c most of them don't hold water. In my opinion your posts more than anyone elses have escalated matters b/c you have this "no one can tell you what you can & can't do" attitude. Except you forgot one thing, no one has & or is they are simply expressing their opinions which is the whole point of forums.

At the end of the day I think I summarized my position pretty well on the other LKN PRA thread so I'll spare you here. What I do want to make clear is that while I may not support this PR for numerous reasons I don't wish you & or the others involved anything short of a safe & successful event, I just wished 5 months & 142 posts ago someone had taken a more professional approach, educated us all w/ facts as opposed to taking the confrontational approach b/c much of this could have been avoided. A statement from PRA's President Bill Taylor setting the record straight probably would have accomplished the same but instead the PRA LKN PR has been filled w/ nothing but opinions, rumors & speculation.
Just one man's $.02

Good Luck & Be Safe!

THIS IS MY LAST POST TO THIS THREAD

Last edited by NASCAT; 09-18-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Default White flag is waving

Originally Posted by NASCAT
ap,

Let's recap what has really happened here. On 4/04/08 an individual made an unofficial announcement regarding this run mixing words like CONFIRMED participation with LOOKING AT a NASCAR experience & so forth. 4 days & 6 posts later this same individual stated the run will happen & directs another OSO member who did nothing other than cut & paste an e-mail he received from PRA stating they had no intentions of having the run to cease posting. Obviously conflicting stories but one person had it in writing & another took it upon himself to be a spokesperson for the PRA even though he's not a managing member.

From there many LKN boaters as well as other familiar w/ LKN expressed their concern over a spectrum of issues mostly the size of the lake, the speed & safety. It became a heated debate which is certainly allowable on internet forums where opinions are not censored. The intensity escalated as did the lack of professionalism & maturity displayed by PRA's self proclaimed spokesperson.

4 days later on 4/12/08 post#53 I threw down the guantlet. Interpret it as you may it matters not to me the terms were clearly stated all in the same post.

Now fast forward to 9/15/08 post#121 & Scaredy Cat or his lovely bride decided to stir the pot. Keep in mind that I hadn't posted anything in close to a month. In fact my last post was 8/20/08 post#117. I responded to SC post the very next day @ 7:27am saying very little & restating the obvious.

NOW HERE IS WHERE YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS and all the subsequent negative posting that has occurred since then.

Just 13 mins after my response to Scaredy Cat @ 7:40am post#124 you by your own free will elected to involve yourself by posting Bullchit......bullchit!!!!!!!

In my opinion you have no one to blame but yourself & maybe WD for 4 consecutive days of heavy bombing that this thread & this PR have experienced. The bet is between me & KD NOT YOU. Now while I agree that this is a public forum subject to public opinion I challenge you once AGAIN to choose a side. You can't elect to offer your opinion like you did, then expect everyone else to only post what you want to hear. Just doesn't make sense.

You & I have locked horns over this thread & thats fine b/c individuals are NEVER going to agree on every subject. Has it gotten out of hand, absolutely, do I share responsibility in it, absolutely but then again so do you but for whatever reason you believe you can come & go & say what you want w/o anyone being able to hold you accountable. Well guess what accountability & facts are right up my alley so I have continued to challenge your emotional, personalized shoot from the hip statements b/c most of them don't hold water. In my opinion your posts more than anyone elses have escalated matters b/c you have this "no one can tell you what you can & can't do" attitude. Except you forgot one thing, no one has & or is they are simply expressing their opinions which is the whole point of forums.

At the end of the day I think I summarized my position pretty well on the other LKN PRA thread so I'll spare you here. What I do want to make clear is that while I may not support this PR for numerous reasons I don't wish you & or the others involved anything short of a safe & successful event, I just wished 5 months & 142 posts ago someone had taken a more professional approach, educated us all w/ facts as opposed to taking the confrontational approach b/c much of this could have been avoided. A statement from PRA's President Bill Taylor setting the record straight probably would have accomplished the same but instead the PRA LKN PR has been filled w/ nothing but opinions, rumors & speculation.
Just one man's $.02

Good Luck & Be Safe!

THIS IS MY LAST POST TO THIS THREAD
I interpret "the gautlet" different. That is why I said bullchit. Thats it. I thought that the whole bet thing was stupid to begin with. Its all good with me. I agree with the approach, should have been done different. As far as the letter from PRA - I know that it was sent, the question is why. Why a letter stating no PR then face to face yes PR.

As far as informed and shoot from the hip comments - maybe? However, aside from PR2000 and SC I am the most informed in this thread - seeing as how I had direct knowledge of everything in the organization process.

Nascat my only quam with you is simple - your "questions" we worded in a way that made it seem that we were not addressing issues. Like the noise ordinance. It has been address many times and a compromise with LE was reached. My thought is who are you to question anyones capability to organize this PR - which is what you were doing.
If you wanted to be LKN PR savvoy then enter the thing, your hotel and driving thing would have been deducted from the entry and you would have the wealth of info that the rest of the participants get (at the drivers meeting).

My stance has always been the same - I am fighting for the right to hold events within the confines of the law at the lake. Assumption were made on this deal based on personal biases. That was wrong.

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.