Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008 >

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Old 09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
My wife told me"Soap Opera Digest" is looking for some new material....I sent them the link to this thread.
Now that is some funny chit there Bro
Old 09-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The weather is BEAUTIFUL!

Expected high today 79 degrees!

LOW Humidity

ZERO wind

Full Lake levels

Warm Water

It's going to be a great day and a very exciting poker run.

Welcome to LKN.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Nascat,
I have spent countless hours organizing the "Puttin on the Wish!" charity ride and live auction that took place at Midtown Sundries on Friday. The weekend started on Thursday night with a private dinner party hosted by myself and Kenny Dean "Scaredy Cat", honoring the loyal individuals who put the "Kids" first! Friday was Magical! Beginning with the first ride and ending with over $13,000.00 in donations! Can I just say..Magical!!! Poker Runs America's events followed as normal. I am personally offended with your cheap backout excuse to commit your money ($2,500.00) to Make A Wish Foundation. After setting all of the childish emails to the side, we still need to focus on the kids. I didn't see you at Midtown Sundries on Friday to take kids and families for rides? If you would have shown up, you would have been in the great company of HERO'S such as; Craig Barrie, Billy Duckworth, Tom Healey, Jim Lee, Rob Pettus, Brent Phillipi, Bill Taylor, The Bud Light Team and many more kind hearted and dedicated powerboaters! I can guarantee you that these Hero's spent alot more than $2,500.00 to grant charity ride wishes! Your $2,500.00 contribution has brought major recognition to this web site. I would hate to think that you rise in the morning knowing that you have cheated terminally ill children, out of their wishes? Your $2,500.00 donation grants almost 1/2 a wish! If you haven't already, I ask you to take the time to research what a wish is! I promise you that everyone who donated their time and money to be at Lake Norman last weekend understands and embraces this commitment. Make A Wish Foundation Central & Western North Carolina Chapter is waiting on your donation! They except every form of payment! Send it to Emily Riley, Special events coordinator, 212 South Tryon Street, Suite 1080, Charlotte, NC 28281. 1-704-339-0334. Upon notice of your contribution, I will cheerfully post your charitable donation! Kind Regards, Princess TA
Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Princess TA,

Thank you very much for the hard work you put into the event. We supported the run and bought several things at the auction but nothing compares to the photos I saw of the kids after they took a ride on the boats. Craig lifting a child out of a wheelchair and two young girls giving Jim Lee a bear hug put everything into perspective. I will definately have my boat there for the rides next year and encourage others to please do the same.

Thank you again.

Mark Terry
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PRINCESS TA
Mr. Nascat,
I have spent countless hours organizing the "Putting on the Wish!" charity ride and live auction that took place at Midtown Sundries on Friday. The weekend started on Thursday night with a private dinner party hosted by myself and Kenny Dean "Scaredy Cat", honoring the loyal individuals who put the "Kids" first! Friday was Magical! Beginning with the first ride and ending with over $13,000.00 in donations! Can I just say..Magical!!! Poker Runs America's events followed as normal. I am personally offended with your cheap backout excuse to commit your money ($2,500.00) to Make A Wish Foundation. After setting all of the childish emails to the side, we still need to focus on the kids. I didn't see you at Midtown Sundries on Friday to take kids and families for rides? If you would have shown up, you would have been in the great company of HERO'S such as; Craig Barrie, Billy Duckworth, Tom Healey, Jim Lee, Rob Pettus, Brent Phillipi, Bill Taylor, The Bud Light Team and many more kind hearted and dedicated powerboaters! I can guarantee you that these Hero's spent a lot more than $2,500.00 to grant charity ride wishes! Your $2,500.00 contribution has brought major recognition to this web site. I would hate to think that you rise in the morning knowing that you have cheated terminally ill children, out of their wishes? Your $2,500.00 donation grants almost 1/2 a wish! If you haven't already, I ask you to take the time to research what a wish is! I promise you that everyone who donated their time and money to be at Lake Norman last weekend understands and embraces this commitment. Make A Wish Foundation Central & Western North Carolina Chapter is waiting on your donation! They except every form of payment! Send it to Emily Riley, Special events coordinator, 212 South Tryon Street, Suite 1080, Charlotte, NC 28281. 1-704-339-0334. Upon notice of your contribution, I will cheerfully post your charitable donation! Kind Regards, Princess TA
You are a fantastic cook and a wonderful person. Thank you so much for all the work you put into making the weekend so special for us and the kids!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
You are a fantastic cook and a wonderful person. Thank you so much for all the work you put into making the weekend so special for us and the kids!!!

We secound that Jim. Joy, thank you so much for the dinner that you prepared at our house, and for all the heart felt effort that you put in for the whole weekend. I also want to thank my girls Sophia AKA "Hot Chocolate" and Lisa Matthews for all there help. The weekend went flawless thanks to you all. I will post all the pics I have for the weekend soon.

Wendy Dean
Old 09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Princess TA,

I also want to give thanks for the hard work and dedication you put into the “Make A Wish Foundation” charity activities. Seeing the joy brought to the children and their families was PRICELESS!!! I would be honored to assist you in any way when you host another charity event in the area.

From my vantage point, PRA and all involved hosted a First Class event. Congrats, and hoping that it happens again next year.

Warmest Regards,

Brent Philippi
Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaceRPM
Princess TA,

I also want to give thanks for the hard work and dedication you put into the “Make A Wish Foundation” charity activities. Seeing the joy brought to the children and their families was PRICELESS!!! I would be honored to assist you in any way when you host another charity event in the area.

From my vantage point, PRA and all involved hosted a First Class event. Congrats, and hoping that it happens again next year.

Warmest Regards,

Brent Philippi

Brent thanks for bringing out your boat and giving rides to the kids, I really enjoyed riding along with you and helping.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM

Default Hey Vagrant

Thats all we have to say!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

The first annual Poker Runs America Lake Norman Poker Run went without a hiccup,
definitely an event to remember!
Friday kicked-off the weekend with a very special fundraiser, a
Charity Auction in support of the Make-A-Wish Foundation®of
Central and Western North Carolina, our charity of choice. Through
the generosity of our Poker Runners, sponsors, and guests the auction raised
almost $14,000. Aspecial thanks goes to Lake Norman’s own Kenny Dean and
Charity Auction Coordinator, Joy Schou.
It was wonderful to see the smiling faces of the children who participated in
our Make-A-Wish boat ride on Friday, as many of our Poker Runners donated
their time and services to give the children an adventure to remember. Not only
did the children go home with a smile on their faces, but the participating dri-vers
found their efforts to be most rewarding – their smiles were as wide as the
beautiful waters of Lake Norman… nothing beats the feeling of giving your
time and effort to a charitable cause.
Boating in a multi-use recreational area is always a sensitive situation, so
our Poker Run staff and volunteers gave special consideration to the local
con-cernsof the Lake Norman community.
Safety was my main mandate for the event, and the Poker Run went like
clockwork, with nine safety boats working the flags all day to assure the
smooth passage of the fleet through the tight channels along the course. A
speed limit ceiling was definitely the key to a successful day on the Lake
Norman waterway. The winner was local resident Randy Salter.
I would like to thank all of the volunteers and local businesses and
sponsors who worked tirelessly to make the Poker Runs America Lake
Norman event a huge success – without their assistance, events of this
scale would not be possible.
Our Poker Run Weekend wrapped up with the adventure of a lifetime, as our
drivers and their guests were treated to eight fast laps around the famous
Lowe’s Motor Speedway at the wheel of their own race car! It was music to my
ears when the ignitions fired up on 34 finely tuned racing engines, and our
Poker Runners set off in pursuit of their own best lap time. Everyone enjoyed
the experience to the max – even the girls logged laps in the 140 mph range.
What a blast - it’s almost as much fun as a day on the water!
Plans are already in the works for next year’s Lake Norman adventure –
watch for details in the months to come.
Our full report on the Lake Norman Poker Run will appear in an
upcoming issue of Poker Runs America Magazine, and on the website
at www.pokerrunsamerica.com.

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.