Notices

How big and fast?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Hey, I did not even talk about the "Big Pu$$y Poker Run". Ask crb76 and chuckbeecher which one that is.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Famous Quote from chuckbeecher:

"G Damn it this has become a BIG P*SSY Poker Run"!!!!

That was classic!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering the same thing, I have a cottage near Kingston, Ontario and every year I go and watch the 1000 Islands Poker Run, its the only one I have ever attended, I have often "dreamed" of entering it, but, at an event where 500K Nor Tech's and Outerlimits are "average" I felt I would be a laughing stock, if anyone knows of a more "down to earth" Poker run in this area that DOESN'T require me to own my own fortune 500 company just to "show up" then please let me know!, I am not dissing the guys with the high dollar boats, I am just aware that I am not one of them, thanks to all for any info!

Michael
Old 12-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
I felt I would be a laughing stock,
Michael
Micheal - Anyone that would act that way isn't someone whose opinion you should value anyways, and truthfully, there aren't many of those out there (at least that I have met). Most are there to have a great time regardless of the boat they are in.

Hey MACH - If it makes you feel better most of the guys in our area have never put their boat in FRESH water!! In all seriousness, don't let salt water concerns be a reason to miss a great time. My boat is in salt every weekend during the summer - longterm prolonged salt exposure would be a concern, tossing it in for the weekend and then throoughly flushing it afterwards shouldn't be, it's not toxic waste, it is just water....
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering the same thing, I have a cottage near Kingston, Ontario and every year I go and watch the 1000 Islands Poker Run, its the only one I have ever attended, I have often "dreamed" of entering it, but, at an event where 500K Nor Tech's and Outerlimits are "average" I felt I would be a laughing stock, if anyone knows of a more "down to earth" Poker run in this area that DOESN'T require me to own my own fortune 500 company just to "show up" then please let me know!, I am not dissing the guys with the high dollar boats, I am just aware that I am not one of them, thanks to all for any info!

Michael
Most runs have speed classes so everyone can play and run at a pace they are comfortable with.

The Alex Bay run is just up the river from you every year in June. It's a bit less "intense" than the 1k Islands run. They even have a cruiser class in that run.

I've done many runs all over the US...and while the big boyz run together and smack talk each other, I have yet to experience any "elitest" behavior. Everyone there has something in common - boating and fun - while some may have fatter wallets, they still have the same desire to boat and have fun as those on more conservative budgets.

Even the big boyz remain somewhat humble - because no matter how fast you think your boat is....there's always someone faster.

Try the A-Bay run in June - after that you'll probably be hooked and even be comfortable signing up for the 1k Islands run - just sign up for the speed class you're comfortable in.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Registered

Great!, I will definately check out the A-bay run, I have seen it advertised and seen [and heard] boats blowing by the cottage in the run, but, hadn't heard much about it, I do enjoy A-bay though, we have a cottage on the South Shore of Wolfe Island, if any members boat near there?, then let me know!, I come from a drag racing background, spent better part of 20 years in the sport, so, I am well aware of "somebody always being faster", speaking of which, I was at the 1K run a few years back and spoke to a fellow from NY with a boat called "Xtreme Xhibit" claimed the boat had run over 200MPH down south somewhere, he was hangin' out on his "wife's" 60ft Sunseeker at the time, I am pretty sure it was at that moment that I resided myself to NEVER bring a boat to the event!, Ha Ha!. I am VERY glad to hear most people are down to earth!, alot of times money means "ego", but, generally if you have a common interest you can get along pretty well with anyone. Thanks again for the input, have a safe Holiday everyone!

Michael
Old 12-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
Thanks everyone! Sounds like I shouldn't have any problems running in a couple of them. Now I can't wait til winter is over!!!
Winter we don't care about no stinking winter !
Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Great!, I will definately check out the A-bay run, I have seen it advertised and seen [and heard] boats blowing by the cottage in the run, but, hadn't heard much about it, I do enjoy A-bay though, we have a cottage on the South Shore of Wolfe Island, if any members boat near there?, then let me know!, I come from a drag racing background, spent better part of 20 years in the sport, so, I am well aware of "somebody always being faster", speaking of which, I was at the 1K run a few years back and spoke to a fellow from NY with a boat called "Xtreme Xhibit" claimed the boat had run over 200MPH down south somewhere, he was hangin' out on his "wife's" 60ft Sunseeker at the time, I am pretty sure it was at that moment that I resided myself to NEVER bring a boat to the event!, Ha Ha!. I am VERY glad to hear most people are down to earth!, alot of times money means "ego", but, generally if you have a common interest you can get along pretty well with anyone. Thanks again for the input, have a safe Holiday everyone!

Michael
Yup - that was Jimmy Leonardo (Extreme Exhibit) - he lives right across Irondequoit bay from me. Although, I don't hink I've seen him at any local runs over the past 2 years. He actually just had a 50' Nor-Tec built.

Hope to see you on the circuit next year.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

Default poker Runs

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
How big and fast of a boat do you have to have to run in a say average size poker run? I've never done one and would like to do a few next season but not sure if I'll be able to keep up. What's a normal cruise speed or is it just plain balls to the wall WFO the whole time? Thanks everyone!
Check out www.senecapowerboats.com at Seneca lake in ny
88 mile run we get 75+ boats from 24 ft to 43 ft and run 3 diff speed classes 55 mph 65 mph and ? mph with 2 days of fun, Sunsation factory, Outerlimits factory come as well as others
Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered

Yes, I remember him mentioning he lived in that area, near Rochester, NY. He had a pile of boats at the time, had just ordered some giant Sunseeker as well. I will check out the Seneca lake run too, that sounds pretty cool!. I really like Sunsation's, they are probably my favourite boat, well, next to Cigarette, OK, .......maybe Fountain?, Outerlimits are real nice too, hmmmm, guess I like em all!

Quick Reply: How big and fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.