Notices

***2010 Pirate Run****

Old 05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slivings
So If I'm planning for this kinda last minute, where do I launch my boat, and where can I stay that's relatively close to the party? I trailer from Mendon (Rochester), NY and want to minimize my risk of getting myself into trouble :-)
You could launch at Severn point. Here are the launch points on the lake. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/25574.html

I heard there were a few places at the Anchor inn, its a 10 mile or so boat ride from the showboat. And they have slips, call now 2 weeks ago they had 2 rooms available.
You can launch at the Watkins glen ramp there is plenty of parking, my marina (Glen Harbor Marina) is next to the launch if you need anything. Its a 15 mile boat ride from the showboat, and you would have to get lodging in town if there was anything available. Or bring a tent and sleep at Clute park (same as where you launch in in Watkins) good luck
Old 05-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Registered

In past years people have also had the option of tying to the mooring bouy's in front of the Showboat and sleeping on their boat....you may also be able to park your boat and trailer behind the Rainbow Cove and sleep on it there. The Rainbow Cove Motel is about 100 yards from the Showboat. I also suggest you try to call both places and get your name on a waiting list in case a room does open up. You never know !!!!
Showboat Motel: 607-243-7434
Rainbow Cove Motel: 607-243-7535
Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

If sleeping on your boat is an option, mooring buoys or anchoring are still an option. There will be a lot of boats on the moorings, bring fenders and raft up.. I was thinking of hotels and launch ramps. but yes mooring is the easiest option for sure.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:31 AM
VP
Registered

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Yoo Chambers i hope were still having the friday nite cooler races.
That might be possible but I think this year it will be a slightly different format. Like maybe DRAG RACING ........

I believe there is a RADAR GUN coming to this unsanctioned OUTLAW EVENT which should work on land too. So maybe we can do some Land Speed Record Runs ?!?!? .........

I don't think there is a World Record yet for a Motorized Cooler ... This could be the 1st annual Land Speed event for Coolers ..... What do you think?? Maybe a new deal here
Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VP
That might be possible but I think this year it will be a slightly different format. Like maybe DRAG RACING ........

I believe there is a RADAR GUN coming to this unsanctioned OUTLAW EVENT which should work on land too. So maybe we can do some Land Speed Record Runs ?!?!? .........

I don't think there is a World Record yet for a Motorized Cooler ... This could be the 1st annual Land Speed event for Coolers ..... What do you think?? Maybe a new deal here
HHHMMMM... where can I get a big bore and stroker kit with a side of NOS for my cooler???? This could be fun...

Nordic95
Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 AM
VP
Registered

Originally Posted by nordic95
HHHMMMM... where can I get a big bore and stroker kit with a side of NOS for my cooler???? This could be fun...

Nordic95

Sunsation has a couple

And PREZ has NOS but his is always empty (I think he sniffs it all before he even gets it home)
Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nordic95

Nordic95
You will need more....
Old 05-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Default Missing in action

[QUOTE=Need-the-Speed;3115167]You will need more....:

Need where have you been, slinging pizzas. You Sell the weapon and you have been MIA ever since.You can come out and be seen in the Black Slug.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
You will need more....
Yup, the WIDOWMAKER has some grunt to 'er !
Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=wellcrafted;3115240]
Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
You will need more....:

Need where have you been, slinging pizzas. You Sell the weapon and you have been MIA ever since.You can come out and be seen in the Black Slug.
I've been slingin' em like a crazy man. The new joint has been pretty busy. Maybe one of these day's I'll be able to start drinkin' a premium beer. I might even be able to jump up to Old Mill from Keystone. Only time will tell. I fired up the Black Slug the other day. GPS'd her while the Waste tank was still low. 42.3....love that cold air. Those 5.7 liters were really singin' To be honest I had to back out of it because it started to crab walk a little bit. Stop by when you head up to the lake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.