Notices

***2010 Pirate Run****

Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***2010 Pirate Run****

In light of current economic factors the Seneca Power Boat Association has voted to Postpone the 2010 Pirate Run. The members of SPBA felt it would be in the best interest of the club to "regroup" at which point a determination will be made regarding the future of the Pirate Run. I will be sure to keep everybody posted.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Sad to hear. I have been attending this event every year and it was always a good time. Have rooms at the Rainbow all set. Guess I will have to plan on something else. The "Middle Finger Lakers" will miss the event.

What will happen to organized cooler races??
Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

Just for the information the black jack run in buffalo is still on and we are looking to make bigger and better with your support , for more info look us up on the web
Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

:e
Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
In light of current economic factors the Seneca Power Boat Association has voted to Postpone the 2010 Pirate Run. The members of SPBA felt it would be in the best interest of the club to "regroup" at which point a determination will be made regarding the future of the Pirate Run. I will be sure to keep everybody posted.
This is very sad news indeed. In memoriam of this event, I have hoisted black thongs from each our wenches that are flying at half-mast in front of my house for the rest of the month.

Neither my neighbors, nor my wife are very amused. But they don't understand how sad this is.

The season just won't be the same without this run - I was bummed weather drove my crew away this past season and was looking forward to the 2010 run.

Guess those black thongs will have to be used as prop covers now....not sure how much good they'll do though.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Sad was looking to make the trip up this summer.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Gold Member

Hey Taboo, come on up and join us for The WNY Run June 11&12. www.wnyfunrun.com
Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

will try, it can't be on a race weekend. The Pirate run was just right for us to be in New York for 2 weeks then home for Sarasota. Plus we have family in Seneca Falls.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:33 PM
VP
Registered

I have received a few phone calls regarding the Pirate's Run being postponed for 2010. There appears to be some genuine sadness in the air

I must say that both PREZ and I are xtremely disappointed that we can put this event on for this coming June 25th and 26th.

Simply put, there were certain requirements that weren't being met, and probably wouldn't get met during this coming years event, to ensure the best event possible, with the best service possible, in turn ensuring returning participants that would minimize our financial risk. Last years event was on the edge, partly due to the economy, partly due to the bad weather, and partly due to less than expected event service.

However, with that being said, I did hear a rumor going around about some social gathering on that same weekend (by coincidence), at the same location, with some of the same uncontrollable folks, partaking in some of the same refreshments, entertainment, and fun........... Maybe someone else knows more about this .......
Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Last year was my first time at this run and I was very impressed, I was looking forward to this run again this year. If there is anything Nys PowerBoat Inc of myself can do to add a hand or whatever please contact us and we would be happy to do so,.. to keep such a great event for a Special Cause in action I or We would be happy to do so and I'm sure MANY others would agree!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails ***2010 Pirate Run****-nyspower-copy%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by NY POWERBOAT INC; 12-09-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Gold Member

Taboo, Aquamainia and My Way said they are coming. Hope you can join in on the fun!
www.wnyfunrun.com
In 2000 I was the Pres. for the National Race here in Buffalo.
2010 will be the 10th. Anniversary for my run here! I love it, no more politics! Beside we put a great and inexpesive run here with PRA as our # 1 Pace Boat!

Humphrey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.