Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th >

2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th

Notices

2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th

Old 08-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all involved in setting this run up. Especially their better halves for assisting the board members. Concord Hardware was a great sponsor. I spent a long time speaking with the crew of the Concord Outerlimits on a few occasions. Thank you for the walk around on a beautiful boat and piece of hand crafted art that it is. It was a pleasure meeting you guys.

Like minded people gathering for one great cause. I'm ready for next years.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayfan
Good run this year. Lots of picture ops on the river for us spectating.

Few things we did notice though.

The speed difference between the 4 groups now is huge, especially the 90mph + group.

The 1st group blew past the card stop at Ray's boat house on the West River. Tough to tell if that was planned or it just happened. Looked like nobody from the Club was even on the dock yet ready to hand out cards by the time the fast boats rounded up Grand Island. Bit of confusion for that 1st group I figured as they milled for a bit in front of Rays, then did another start and headed for the Buffalo River and the Destroyer for that card stop.

Stellar weekend on Lake Erie. Barely a breeze made for flat conditions. Pretty rare for 2 days in a row.
I agree, speed difference this year was huge! We got to the beach, idled for a few minutes and headed back to the dock. We got back at 1 pm and people already had their boats out, or tied up, so I am guessing it was s short run if your boat runs 170 mph all day
Old 08-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

As I have said in the past BRAVO !!!! BRAVO!!!!

You guys did it again with an absolute stellar performance!
The organization was perfect ... the venue was perfect .... the people both new and previous participants were awesome .... and we had amazing weather.

Thank-you for all of your hard work with regards to pulling off the Largest Premier Poker Run in the North East!
You guys are on the map now....

Can't wait for next year!!!

Sincerely,

Captain Morgan
Old 08-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

The Buffalo Poker Run 2014 is in the books with a record 119 Boats and over 400 participants. I want to thank everyone who attended, thank you for being here! I want to tell everyone who offered kind words, Thank You! It means more to me than know. The entire summer the board met every Monday for several hours to divide up the tasks that needed completing for the next week. Our group text chat would update many times a day as one person completed a task or had a question or suggestion. We had a great team.Tony and I took much of the credit and I want it to be known that Greg, Harry, Tim, and Dave all worked very hard as well. My wife, Chrissy, also attended board meetings and handled much of the paperwork. The volunteers this year were awesome as well! Leading up to this event, Tony and I went through our ups and downs sometimes fighting like brothers. We always got past it, and when it was over we hugged it out like brothers. Many times in the last few weeks I question myself, "Why am I doing this??". Saturday night when I had the honor of announcing and handing out Lifetime Achievement awards to John Sherwood and Alex Murchinson and anking them for there dedication and friendship, I quickly remembered why! When our charity, Excalibur Leisure Skills, received their check and told everyone about the children who will now experience the joy of boating because of our efforts and that they could not continue without us, I remembered why! When I looked at a crowd of people all smiling and a few with a tear in their eyes, I knew for sure why we do it! The people who need to be thanked are too numerous to write and if I miss you, please except my apology. Thanks to Matt Trulio and Tim Sharkey for covering the event. To our sponsors Double R Performance, Woodward Industries, Concord Hardware, JayEnn Corporation, JR Marine, Outerlimits and dozens more. Volunteers-Jolene and Sam Zirelli, Bonnie Swanson, RJ Dimarco, Nick Hirschfelt, Mike and Jean Wright, Sara Scioli, Sara Maloney. Our EMT's-Jennifer Kubala and her fiancé, Eric. I said it last year and I will say it again, I feel like we were a part of something awesome! Thank you to all involved. With that all said I know we can improve. I promise we will do it bigger and better next year!!! Steve Mckie

Last edited by smckie; 08-11-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

Great event at the buffalo poker run and great food too! New to the area going to beach following pace boat we were supposed to hang out at the beach and get lunch. Not being familiar with the area I see the pace boat start to go so like a idiot I follow him and ruined my experience doing so. He wad allegedly having mechanical issues with his craft and did not notify anyone!!!! But besides this inconsiderate guy I ended up at templetons landing and still had a blast! Needles to say I am going to upgrade into alot better off a boat to get into the big boy class and then I'm sure there won't be problems like this! !!!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered

I am sorry to hear you missed the beach. Glad you enjoyed your experience other then that. Hope to see you again next year.
Originally Posted by dirty baja
Great event at the buffalo poker run and great food too! New to the area going to beach following pace boat we were supposed to hang out at the beach and get lunch. Not being familiar with the area I see the pace boat start to go so like a idiot I follow him and ruined my experience doing so. He wad allegedly having mechanical issues with his craft and did not notify anyone!!!! But besides this inconsiderate guy I ended up at templetons landing and still had a blast! Needles to say I am going to upgrade into alot better off a boat to get into the big boy class and then I'm sure there won't be problems like this! !!!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered

On behalf of my whole crew and myself.. thank you very much for a great time. Still in buffalo and currently at Templeton's landing for dinner. Did a lil more boating today and got a taste of lake erie when the wind is blowing. Got pretty wet but back safe. We will definately be back next year.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
On behalf of my whole crew and myself.. thank you very much for a great time. Still in buffalo and currently at Templeton's landing for dinner. Did a lil more boating today and got a taste of lake erie when the wind is blowing. Got pretty wet but back safe. We will definately be back next year.
Great seeing u this morning having a good time and enjoying our waters, we ended up just floating and swimming, did u make it all the way up to canada?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Starting to go thru some photo's, let me just say these were cell pics, and I am certainly no Tim Sharkey lol,

Full house

Perhaps my favorite part of the evening was one of our long time supporters Ron Bender surprising his lovely wife with a new car for there 30th wedding anniversary, Congratulations to the two, and thanks for sharing this special moment with the Buffalo Poker Run, and also thanks for setting quite a benchmark for the rest of us buddy!

Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by smckie
The Buffalo Poker Run 2014 is in the books with a record 119 Boats and over 400 participants. I want to thank everyone who attended, thank you for being here! I want to tell everyone who offered kind words, Thank You! It means more to me than know. The entire summer the board met every Monday for several hours to divide up the tasks that needed completing for the next week. Our group text chat would update many times a day as one person completed a task or had a question or suggestion. We had a great team.Tony and I took much of the credit and I want it to be known that Greg, Harry, Tim, and Dave all worked very hard as well. My wife, Chrissy, also attended board meetings and handled much of the paperwork. The volunteers this year were awesome as well! Leading up to this event, Tony and I went through our ups and downs sometimes fighting like brothers. We always got past it, and when it was over we hugged it out like brothers. Many times in the last few weeks I question myself, "Why am I doing this??". Saturday night when I had the honor of announcing and handing out Lifetime Achievement awards to John Sherwood and Alex Murchinson and anking them for there dedication and friendship, I quickly remembered why! When our charity, Excalibur Leisure Skills, received their check and told everyone about the children who will now experience the joy of boating because of our efforts and that they could not continue without us, I remembered why! When I looked at a crowd of people all smiling and a few with a tear in their eyes, I knew for sure why we do it! The people who need to be thanked are too numerous to write and if I miss you, please except my apology. Thanks to Matt Trulio and Tim Sharkey for covering the event. To our sponsors Double R Performance, Woodward Industries, Concord Hardware, JayEnn Corporation, JR Marine, Outerlimits and dozens more. Volunteers-Jolene and Sam Zirelli, Bonnie Swanson, RJ Dimarco, Nick Hirschfelt, Mike and Jean Wright, Sara Scioli, Sara Maloney. Our EMT's-Jennifer Kubala and her fiancé, Eric. I said it last year and I will say it again, I feel like we were a part of something awesome! Thank you to all involved. With that all said I know we can improve. I promise we will do it bigger and better next year!!! Steve Mckie
X 1000 Well said Steve! The only thing that I might disagree with is that you could improve the event next year... everything was perfect! A big THANK YOU!!! to you Steve and ALL board members and volunteers that you listed... we all owe you guys and gals BIG for your incredible efforts to make this year's Buffalo Poker Run the biggest and best ever!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.