Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
24th Seneca Lake Battleship Run July 18-20 >

24th Seneca Lake Battleship Run July 18-20

Notices

24th Seneca Lake Battleship Run July 18-20

Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know Dave , I think my being a passenger on your boat instead of bringing my own was your lucky charm, but not this year I'll be bringing my own.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
How do you get the + to turn on your GPS? I can't find that on mine ;-)
It's kind of a secret, black ops sort of thing. I signed a non-disclosure and everything.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
So I fill out the application and the pen runs out in the middle of it...bad omen or what??? Checks in the mail!
Last year put new rims and tires on the truck the day before the run and won top prize. This year I'll have 6 new Maxxis 10 plys on the trailer just before...hoping my lucky streak holds!!!!!
Hmmm, running out of something just before or during the run - again. Anybody detect a trend here? I might have to try this tactic myself.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

is there parking available at Severne Point? I will not be staying the night so is their a concern with leaving the trailer/truck at severne point for the day? which launch will most be using? any info will be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Most launch at Severne Point. If only launching in the morning and pulling out that day there is limited room to leave the truck and trailer parked there but you can do it. You can also leave the trailer at 4 Chimney's Organic Winery and drive the truck back to the launch.
On the other (East) side of the lake, almost across from the Showboat, is Lodi Marine Park with a good launch and more parking. Fell free to check the website (www.rochesteroffshore.com) if you want to contact me or pm me here if you want more info.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

made a visit to sampson which was choked full of seaweed, lodi was quite small while following the road down a cliff ,to say the least to steep to tow.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered

Severne is the best launch and less weedy than others. However it is also a steep hill. Last year I was worried that my Ford Expedition would not pull my new to me Fountain up the hill but I got a little running start and it was fine.
Sampson is the flattest land but you also burn more gas in the boat just getting from there to the Showboat.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Registered

We are worried about parking with a c4500 kodiak and trailer some one said they will tow if left at launch ???
Old 07-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered

Bluemagic- just sent you a pm with my #'s. It will be easier to talk.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Just finished most of the prep work on my boat. Went through and "nutted & bolted" everything. Cleaned & treated (303 Aerospace Protectant) the interior. Washed & waxed the exterior. Jacked the boat up off the trailer and washed & waxed the bottom. Filled her up with 91 octane non-ethanol premium. Stowed the new Mustang inflatable PFD's beside the high performance vests. New spark plugs tomorrow. Bought plane tickets for my sweetie. Knee surgery Thursday. (Should be OK by the time of the run.) Did I miss anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.