Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
What do you like most about porker runs? >

What do you like most about porker runs?

Notices

What do you like most about porker runs?

Old 11-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you like most about porker runs?

I like the social part of meeting new people and seeing new places. I have not done to many events. Are there actives at some stops that make the event better? Quick stops at a dock to get card and go or stopping at retailers?Boat show and shine or raft ups? Thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The raft ups, dock parties, and going downtown nashville were all a great part of the old hickory run
Old 11-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Registered

From the videos of the old hickory event that looked like a fun time. It is on my list for 2016.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Registered

I have never ran in one... Because I am intimidated... Are there slower (70mph) boats that run? I don't wanna be the guy that "slows it all down".
Old 12-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boats. ��
Old 12-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 600 Likes on 244 Posts

The FAT GIRLS .

Where else butt a Porker Run can you find well fed midwest girls who are a size 23 wearing a size 2 bikini,

Yee Haw.

Score Dem *****es and take dem on my John Deere Combine.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not a race. Go at your own pace and have a good time! Not all boats running WOT the whole time. The poker runs I have attended the faster boats start off in a pack and then the slower boats behind once the helicopter wraps back around. Also, for the fun run I have attended, there were certain stopping points where people waited up for the slower boats.

Originally Posted by monster12valve
I have never ran in one... Because I am intimidated... Are there slower (70mph) boats that run? I don't wanna be the guy that "slows it all down".
Old 12-30-2015, 01:26 PM
Gold Member

the best part about the pokerrun is when the flag drops and the boats jump up on plane.yea,its not a race,,,,,,,,,but nobody wants to be last at the first card stop.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, "most" of the time, the ones that jump out and hammer down to over 100mph right out the gate.......don't finish the run. Most on here, including myself have to fix/repair our boats ourselves, which in turn implements around a 65-70mph nice cruise speed the whole run. Now there are times you tighten up on it, but generally its in short burst.

I enjoy meeting new people checking out the badass boats that travel hours to attend, and of course the beautiful ladies I like the smaller runs personally, 40-65 boats, the atmosphere is a lot less thick, most of the time just a bunch of hard working honest men doing what we love....not the who's checkbook is bigger atmosphere and if you do have a problem, the chances of you getting help are a lot greater, guaranteed!!
Old 12-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

\/ - as long as I beat Brad to the first stop I am alright with that haha!

Originally Posted by bcfountain
the best part about the pokerrun is when the flag drops and the boats jump up on plane.yea,its not a race,,,,,,,,,but nobody wants to be last at the first card stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.