How do you like your 33

Notices

How do you like your 33

Old 01-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How do you like your 33

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
I agree with you guys, so therefore the boat stuffed at a slow speed?
The boat could have been carrying some speed (I agree with the notes above, I don't think 50 or 60 mph worth), however as was noted above it had to be plowing like crazy. if that guy was trimmed as stated and came off a wave it could have resulred in a significant downward angle. If the water was as shallow as they mentioned and mind you none of those guys know exactly how deep it was where the boat came apart (there could have been a shoel etc) he could have hit the bottom.

I do think that there would be evidence of that on the boat. One more unknown is the "stress crack" discussed in the other thread. No one knows the magnitude of that crack. I suspect the forensics will tell what was old and what is new.

i really appreciate you guys in this forum. I learn a lot from you all.

Mike
Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Did they move that entire thread out of general boating discussion?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Did they move that entire thread out of general boating discussion?
Still there on page 2
Old 01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,063 Likes on 280 Posts

Powerplays are built to take a beating, nuff said!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
Apparently you don't feel it was posable the the boat hit bottom when it stuffed in what was said to be 10 to 20' of water?
That is a pretty big air bubble in the bow to drive that deep. We have all seen boats break apart on video when they strike the water. I've never seen one blast the bottom in 20' of water.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Tides....or a shoal. May they rest in peace.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

As far as my thread goes I wasn't trying to vindicate PP boats, not at all. There were other comments that were, I simply mentioned what the news article said, and only mentioned the stress cracks because they were mentioned in that same article. I wanted some input from PP guys, thats all. If anything was taken out of context, then i apologize. I have always admired the traditional look and commitment to racing that PP has displayed.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi guys. We can all ASSUME many different scenarios. The true fact of the matter is that ANY boat can be destroyed in water. The little "evidence" we have to go on (tabs down and drives tucked) at this point seems to give some proof of driver error in this case.

I have ridden in many boats in my lifetime (I used to work at DSM & transport boats, so I have literally been in 100's of different boats) and Powerplay was definately one of the most "rock solid" boats to ride in.

By the way..............I am enjoying my Cobra alot!!!! (sold the boat to buy it )
Old 01-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Semper, love your Cobra seen it on the (show me your car thread) very cool

Steve Miklos, I agree with you the boat could not be going more than 75mph and if the drives & tabs were down probable much less than that. With that said, I have read two so called eye witness accounts of the accident from fisherman that were first on the seen. They both said the same thing " the boat went vary high and entered at a 90 degree angle to the water. IMO at that angle even at a slower speed the boat could easily travel 18' down and hit the bottom, that is only the length of the deck. Imo if he just stuffed the boat I think the amount of damage compared to the speed the boat could travel don't add up.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
Semper, love your Cobra seen it on the (show me your car thread) very cool

Steve Miklos, I agree with you the boat could not be going more than 75mph and if the drives & tabs were down probable much less than that. With that said, I have read two so called eye witness accounts of the accident from fisherman that were first on the seen. They both said the same thing " the boat went vary high and entered at a 90 degree angle to the water. IMO at that angle even at a slower speed the boat could easily travel 18' down and hit the bottom, that is only the length of the deck. Imo if he just stuffed the boat I think the amount of damage compared to the speed the boat could travel don't add up.
Thanks! I agree, also, the boat may have come down back into the water at a low point (wave height) so he may have only had 5+ feet of water to go through before hitting the bottom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.