Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with... >

A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Notices

A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Old 05-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Mark W. I think.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:48 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Originally Posted by pqflyby
We are using an actuator that has been in production for about three years now and have been very happy with it. .

So what kinda deal will you make us with the old ram style that does not work? I am on my second one both from Tecla and the last one promised to be the best......... right.

Anything you can do for my ram would be appreciated.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Scott's post, it doesn't sound like the ram itself is the problem, more like the way it is wired (or did I mis-interpret?).

And if it is Mark, no need to get snippy - I like PQ (on my second one...) but there are some things that you guys do well, and others that are not exactly "best-in-class". The fact that there are numerous people with the same complaint, on many different models and years points to a systemic problem, I think, not an isolated issue.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never had a "failure" with my Ram. I have had it run very slow and read a lot about other folks having failures. So while I was re-wiring a lot of the other problems that were indisputable I decided to fix the ram at the same time. I still have not looked at exactly what I did to resolve it so I have been hesitant to post the info until I check it out.
Remember my boat was produced in 98 and the ram is still O.K. so I have to ask did they change ram manufacturers because of costs or install issues or any host of reasons? Did they have problems with the one I have? Maybe it never was a problem with the actuator it could of been under voltage/current burning them up? I don't know any of these answers for sure and PQ would be the best to ask for what they did over the years and why. But what ever the answer electrical/electronic theory's apply here and must be used to benefit the system.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pqflyby
On a side note Dockrocker, why not try to call us directly to get some customer or tech service imput on our experience in regards to your actuator. We could have shed some light on our hardships with certain brands as well. We are using an actuator that has been in production for about three years now and have been very happy with it. In addition to eliminating all the wood in the sunlounge we found a combination that works quite nice. Thanks for the field imput though, we do appreciate it.
You talk about eliminating the wood in the sun lounge are you referring to weight issues to help out the ram so it does not work so hard? This does make sense my hatch ways a ton! If I am right what did PQ replace it with?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered

Well, I thought Dock was joking but you really can use the canvas pole to run the switch while you lift the hatch at the other end

theres gotta be a better way.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
Well, I thought Dock was joking but you really can use the canvas pole to run the switch while you lift the hatch at the other end

theres gotta be a better way.
Bro, my hatch *will not* go up without help, and that's the only way I can reach the switch and lift the hatch at the same time.

This is definitely on my list of things that need to get addressed this off-season...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered

As I work through the winter check list of items for the boat, the hatch ram is one of them.

Reading this thread, I tried to order the booster from Eddie Marine as suggested. No luck, they no longer sell them.

However they did suggest Rex Marine and as a result I have one of them on the way.
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...hliftsaccelbox
Probably will be a few weeks before I know the results of the install but I will share back when I do.

DOES anybody have problems with slow trim tab response? I am wondering if I have the same issue (not getting enough juice) with the tabs.

-Wally
Old 01-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
As I work through the winter check list of items for the boat, the hatch ram is one of them.

Reading this thread, I tried to order the booster from Eddie Marine as suggested. No luck, they no longer sell them.

However they did suggest Rex Marine and as a result I have one of them on the way.
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...hliftsaccelbox
Probably will be a few weeks before I know the results of the install but I will share back when I do.

DOES anybody have problems with slow trim tab response? I am wondering if I have the same issue (not getting enough juice) with the tabs.

-Wally
Wally
you want the tabs to respond slow.
because of the reaction the boat will have.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Thats right, tab response shouldnt be too quick. Haven't had any issues with either my 34 or the 38. Relative to the hatch my bosts seem to be faster than average but it wouldn't hert to speed them up a bit. Wally, look forward to what impact the relay has.

Quick Reply: A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.