Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with... >

A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Notices

A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Old 04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rexone
We did discontinue the boxes, for 2 reasons.

1. We have a new actuator (that is not an import) that runs approx twice as fast as the old one. Result, no box needed.

2. We were having quite a bit of quality control issues with the relays we were getting resulting in some failures. I don't like failures or iffy products. Everyone has access to the same relays. We tried all that were applicable and less than satisfactory results. Jump to end of story... box discontinued because we don't manufacture our own relays and #1 above.

Another fix for older rams is usually to simply rewire them to the dash using 10 gauge wire. The small wire many factories use simply won't pass the juice and results in a severe voltage drop to the motor (the whole accel box purpose). If the motor itself is good this usually fixes the problem. You can easily test it first before rewiring clear to the dash.

I have one of your relay boxes, it worked fine last season and made a big difference in speeding up my hatch. Do i have to worry about the quality of mine and it failing ?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed one from eddie marine and my hatch goes up in like 5 seconds wow what a difference. Gotta have one for the powerquest, hopefully the factory decided to install these on the new boats.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
I just installed one from eddie marine and my hatch goes up in like 5 seconds wow what a difference. Gotta have one for the powerquest, hopefully the factory decided to install these on the new boats.
I bought one from Eddie Marine this winter, I haven't installed it yet. Last season the hatch would not go up on its own. I ended up taking the cushions off and found they were saturated with water. Even with the cushions removed the ram barely could move the fiberglass hatch up.

Good news that their relay works. Can't wait to install it!