Looking at buying a 94 290 Enticer >

Looking at buying a 94 290 Enticer

Notices

Looking at buying a 94 290 Enticer

Old 07-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying a 94 290 Enticer

And have a few questions. it has twin 454 Mags, K planes and the standard goodies. No external steering or drive showers, and has right at 500 hours on it. The gimbles have no slop in them and it appears to be a very clean boat.

It does have an ice box and was wondering what it would take to convert to to an AC DC fridge, and does not have a microwave, but does have the spot for it.

I have always owned smaller (22-25') bow riders, but want something bigger and faster with an area out of the elements for the kids.

I have tried to research and find info on theboat, but PQ info seems hard to find, so any feedback or thoughts on this ride would be greatly appreciated. I have read through the archives, but current info and thoughts would be very welcome.

Thanks

Christian
Old 07-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: Looking at buying a 94 290 Enticer

The Enticer is a great, solid boat. I would look for one that already has the options you want verses retrofitting. There are a lot of them out there with the fridge and microwave and shore power that you can pretty much pick the best one available in your price range.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

This one has has shore power, and pressure water, GFCI outlets etc, just not a microwave or what I call a true fridge??

Any ideas on half a weekender package

Thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Registered

I just pulled the icebox out of my 31ss and put in a waeco ac/dc frig. When I pulled the icebox, they already had the dc lines in there, I had to run a line for the ac. Overall, it was a very easy install. One thing to keep in mind is that you need ventilation for the frig. The norcolds come with a vent on the top front of the unit, mine did not so I had to buy a 5 dollar vent and I also added a small little dc fan to exhaust air out of the compartment behind the frig. Again, easy install.

I had almost bought a newer enticer.... until I drove it. This one had twin duo prop drives which I thought would be a plus however it provided to much lift and made the boat very unstable at wot. I'm not sure if this is the case with regulat bravo 1 drives.. just be sure to test drive it first. AGain, I think the issue with the boat I tested was due to the duo props, too much lift... Good luck!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Registered

ckentling, sent you a private message...
Old 07-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered

ckentling,
Does it have a tie bar? those gimbals will wear out VERY quickly without one I had a '93 and found this out the hard way. Other than that the fridge would be an easy install , and that hull is pretty solid, but dont plan on going much over 65 mph, if that's what you're after.
especially without external hydraulic steering.
Paul