Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
2mph more with Hydromotive >

2mph more with Hydromotive

Notices

2mph more with Hydromotive

Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the link, he also has multiple other test evaluation threads, good move on the QIV, it will be a night and day difference with that 21p.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...ting-info.html
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading that thread Im definitely happy I chose to spend the extra money and get the Hydromotive. It arrives tomorrow and Im heading down to Havasu on Monday for the Desert Storm so thats where Ill be doing my prop testing (should be fun!!).
Bert--Have you had a chance to take your boat out and run it with the Hydro? Just curious if your numbers are similar to FastForwards.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Registered

Yes, I ran her for about 20 minutes. She ran VERY well, the biggest benefit was out of the hole and just plain acceleration. I'm up to 60mph very quickly where as before it would take while even when already moving.

I need some more seat time to dial it in with trim setting, no chine walk @ 60 or greater, that was my main goal. Just remember our hull is NOT a hull that responds greatly for speed with modifications. Don't expect a whole lot of top end because the only way to get there is to pour a ton of money into the boat. Instead save the $$$ and buy a Revenge, that hull responds greatly.

Good Luck and keep us posted
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

How'd that prop turn out Pquest?

We have similar hulls, and someone recommended that for my boat too. Sort of prop shopping this spring. I have a 23 Mirage plus right now, can hit 63 with a tailwind and 1 gallon of gas. Full trim, I'm about 58 most of the summer. Trying to squeek out a few more mph. 496, 375hp.

Thanks-
Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

Took the 280 to the RoyalPurple poker run last weekend with a P5X 26" hydro.The water was kinda bad(3-5 footers) but I did get to run some in the Diversion canal so I thought I'd pass it along.....full tank(100gals,four adults,beer!)52mph @3800rpm.With a 28" B1, mph would be around 48.All numbers GPS,of course! Thought y'all would be interested in the comparison. Didn't get to do much else because of conditions.More later.The 280 is still for sale.Bob

Last edited by Bob280Silencer; 05-03-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered

I hit 60 mph at Havasu...With the 4 blade it gets up to speed real quick (compared to the 3 blade)...I was hoping for more top end but Ill have to retest here in Seattle (Havasu is at 1800 feet) and see what I get. Definitely happy with the midrange power.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Registered

we should maybe meet one day at Coulon and do some prop swapping/testing. I want to try a few out, thinking of trying a Turbo-Vector on a recommendation for my setup-
Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for not checking in more often after selling the PQ last year and stepping down to a more family friendly boat for the time being I've been on other sites. Do miss the PQ and have really had second thoughts on the sale! Glad it worked out on the prop. That was one of the best investments I made on the boat.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by launchpad475
we should maybe meet one day at Coulon and do some prop swapping/testing. I want to try a few out, thinking of trying a Turbo-Vector on a recommendation for my setup-
No problem. I know Mirages are ass heavy boats (Ive owned 2 of them) and the Hydromotive is a stern lifting prop so it may be a good prop for your boat...What pitch are you running now?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered

This is input Ive received on the Hydromotive Q-IV. I was told that this prop may not be the best for my boat and after asking why this is the response:

Because Q IV's create stern lift and not bow lift. They are better for boats that are designed to run flat, like stepped hulls and cats.
Conventional V bottoms generally run best with Mirage Plus' or Bravo 1 props.

Im only getting to 4500 RPM with my Hydromotive 23P and am still not sure its the right prop for my boat (top speed isnt any better than what I had before (was running a 21P Mirage at 5100 RPM) and Ive lost RPM's). I just ordered a 23P Mirage Plus off ebay and am going to try that out next week...May get it labbed depending on my speed and RPM..
The Q-IV may become a backup prop...We shall see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.