34 vyper filler cushion >

34 vyper filler cushion

Notices

34 vyper filler cushion

Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcr vyper
Alright I cut the screws for the table screwed them into the table inserts, used a lock washer and nut like the one you showed. Do I need to lock tight the studs into the table inserts? Don't seem that you can tighten down the nuts too much. Also Iam thinking of cutting a 3 1/2 inch hole in the floor then I can cut slots in the floor for the base webbing, Is that what you did Need4speed ?

Thanks, Mark
I didn't loc-tite the fasteners but that may be a good idea...I'll see if anything vibrates loose. As for the hole in the floor, a hole saw and jig saw are my plans. I'm not sure when I'll get to the boat ... too much going on this year so far.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6" hole saw, skip the jig saw. Take some resin or poly you'll see why once you cut the hole.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered

Alright I got time and worked on the boat. I measured several times and used a 6 inch hole saw to cut the hole in the floor, than I cut some fiberglass out of the way. Did not seal it, I think it should be ok ?

Then I cut the pole down to size, took 2 cuts the first time I forgot about the plastic piece that goes on top of the pole.

I mounted the table bracket like showed in the pictures.

I will get a cushion made up this week.

I kind of disappointed about the bed, not being as strong to sleep on. I thinking of getting a piece of 1/4 inch starboard and cutting it so it goes under the cushions on the couches and use the table as a support.

Also the v berth does not hold the table like verbis pictures, for now its sideways in there, I need to come up with something so the tables not bouncing around on the bottom of the boat. Any idea's?

Thanks for everyone's help.
Mark
Old 06-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcr vyper
. Did not seal it, I think it should be ok ?

I kind of disappointed about the bed, not being as strong to sleep on.

Also the v berth does not hold the table like verbis pictures, for now its sideways in there, I need to come up with something so the tables not bouncing around on the bottom of the boat. Any idea's?

Mark
First point, I would have sealed it.

Second point, Verbi mentioned this prior. I didn't care because my daughter is 3 and I'll have a new boat before it becomes a concern.

Last point, I already mentioned this in a previous post, I'm going to modify the v berth area so it fits, winter project. Super easy.

Glad you got it done.

I will use the table this weekend when we go to the tawas boat races for the weekend on the boat.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
First point, I would have sealed it.
+1
Old 06-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
+1
Hi Tom,

What PQ did was notch the board that supports the floor so the table could be easily added. They then wrapped a thin layer of glass/resin over the entire board. So you just needed to cut they thin layer off because in this small area it is hollow.

Mine was dry in there and the exposed area is pretty high, but humidity alone is what concerned me. I even sealed the 6 inch hole edge to be safe.

Even if someone used poly urethane I think they are ok.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered

I will seal were I cut out the fiberglass, not going to soon maybe after the season.
I think I am going to cut some boards on an angle to mount the table in the v berth like on a 30 deg. angle, I still need to measure it out, but the table don't fit flat in the compartment, so if I mount a shelf with the wood cut to the same angle on both side a make a latch to keep it in place so it don't move, I think that should work.

Boatnt, Do you ever go to north point marina out of Winthrop harbor?

Mark
Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

Finally got my table base installed...
Attached Thumbnails 34 vyper filler cushion-dscf1306.jpg   34 vyper filler cushion-dscf1305.jpg  
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

My other project is also coming along, new deep cylinder style sink...
Attached Thumbnails 34 vyper filler cushion-dscf1310.jpg   34 vyper filler cushion-dscf1309.jpg   34 vyper filler cushion-dscf1308.jpg  

34 vyper filler cushion-dscf1307.jpg  
Old 08-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good guys!
As far as the table is concerned it is sturdy enough to keep up while underway, I keep mine out and in place 100% of the time. Mind you i do not launch the boat off 4 foot waves.
Just make sure the table pole has been forcefully pushed into the floor base and keep an eye on the bolts securing the table top. Mine have no lock tight on them and do work loose some, so yes lock tight I believe would cure this.
It took me one summer to convince my wife to put up the table, she didn't want it out as it "took up space". Now that it is up it never gets put away!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.