280 Silencer 496 HO? >

280 Silencer 496 HO?

Notices

280 Silencer 496 HO?

Old 11-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
super clean ride. I notice it says port of louisville KY. Ive never seen another 280 down there. thats my swimmin hole. what dealer did you buy it from?
Ya, it is a super clean boat, Mint in fact. 1 owner boat bought new from Admirals Landing.
I bought it on a Consignment deal from Marine Sales and Service Guy only put 20 hrs on it since 09, so you wouldn't have had a good chance of spotting it.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, you will love it......until you want a bigger one!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MindBLOWER
Ya, it is a super clean boat, Mint in fact. 1 owner boat bought new from Admirals Landing.
I bought it on a Consignment deal from Marine Sales and Service Guy only put 20 hrs on it since 09, so you wouldn't have had a good chance of spotting it.
Yes i know where that is. drive past it all the time.and it was bought from "admirals anchor" thats in jeffersonville on the Indiana side. "my side" lol A good friend of mine is the service manager there. I also boat with steve webb. he is the owner of Admirals Anchor. They were the only PQ dealer around.they also sold baja and checkmate. small world. welcome to the PQ family. youll find all the info you need here. where will you be boating at? monroe possibly? geist and brookville are a little small for a 28.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
Yes i know where that is. drive past it all the time.and it was bought from "admirals anchor" thats in jeffersonville on the Indiana side. "my side" lol A good friend of mine is the service manager there. I also boat with steve webb. he is the owner of Admirals Anchor. They were the only PQ dealer around.they also sold baja and checkmate. small world. welcome to the PQ family. youll find all the info you need here. where will you be boating at? monroe possibly? geist and brookville are a little small for a 28.
Usually go to Cumberland for the Thunder run and again for the Poker run, Dale Hollow and Monroe a few times, Wawassee too, but between trips It'll be on the small Morse Lake on the weekends which is a stones throw away. Maybe I'll see ya around.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MindBLOWER
Usually go to Cumberland for the Thunder run and again for the Poker run, Dale Hollow and Monroe a few times, Wawassee too, but between trips It'll be on the small Morse Lake on the weekends which is a stones throw away. Maybe I'll see ya around.
Sounds good. I do both poker runs at cumberland also. Mainly boat the river at louisville. i hit up monroe and patoka a few times a year also.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered

Good news made my day!
I was told by the consigning dealer that the owner didn't have the factory bimini top or the cockpit carpet. After a few weeks of screwing around w/ negotiations and water test I finally bought it. Then I got a call from the dealer saying the original owner just dropped off the bimini and carpet He had never used either one. The bimini we may use if rafting up for long periods, but I'm not sure about the carpet. Never had a boat that didn't have factory fixed carpet and was kinda looking forward to the easy clean of the bare FG floor.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

If you want to sell the carpet let me know.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatrider82
If you want to sell the carpet let me know.
Think I will keep the carpet for special occasions when I wear my dockers, polo shirt and sperry's.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatnt
you do not want to bump the drive down any lower than neutral while turning on a step bottom boat,,when you do this you bring the bow down and raise the stern,with the step and all the air produced by the step the rear of the boat is loose and the weight of the boat is now in the bow area and thats how step boat boats hook...just saying...
This is gospel!

I can crank the wheel hard in my 38 at high speeds and the boat carves like it is on rails.
Just keep the power on and the nose up.

Welcome to the family!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
This is gospel!

I can crank the wheel hard in my 38 at high speeds and the boat carves like it is on rails.
Just keep the power on and the nose up.

Welcome to the family!
Yep

if the nose is up that means that your drives are NOT tucked in and the weight is in the back of the boat were it should be on a step bottom boat while turning,,,
if the nose was down then your drives are tucked in and the weight is in the front and the stern is light and that is what causes them to hook and spin out...

think we are on the same page,,,,

have you found your next boat???

Last edited by boatnt; 12-02-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.