Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Big rectangle blemish in hull of 290 enticer... >

Big rectangle blemish in hull of 290 enticer...

Notices

Big rectangle blemish in hull of 290 enticer...

Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big rectangle blemish in hull of 290 enticer...

I have a 90 enticer that is in great shape for its age and had had no major glass repair that I know of. I noticed this several years ago and seems to be getting more noticable as time goes on...Nobody else sees it though. It is on the port side right under the fuel tank fill, its about 5' long and prolly 12-15" thick. It appears to be a perfect rectangle with rounded edges...you have to look down the side and you will see it, you can't feel it and no glass work has been done, I have looked back behind on the inside...I dont know if this area was layed up differently in the mold or what but it always real shinny like its got the "wet" look when the rest of the boat gets "ashy" when it needs to be waxed..this area is always perfect..It hasnt been painted and all graphics are in gel coat. Has anyone seen this kind of thing on these boats??
Old 04-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '94 and there are several others in my area. I have not noticed anything on mine, But it sounds like it was a factory repair before it left. I know you can see up inside there and maybe put a bright light on the outside and see if you can see any type of glass work or anything different from the inside. Good luck with it.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

sounds like a repair with clear over it
Old 04-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Buddy has a '97 Enticer with a blemish in the same area. Looks like a prior repair.