Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!! >

All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Notices

All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Old 01-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Metalpause
You may be talking about the Express Cruiser. I believe the Express is about 10 to 11 ft wide while the Sport was a sleek 8.5 wide
The Express is very very nice but really more of a cruiser.. The Sport still looks like a go fast.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by performancemary
Metalpause
You may be talking about the Express Cruiser. I believe the Express is about 10 to 11 ft wide while the Sport was a sleek 8.5 wide
The Express is very very nice but really more of a cruiser.. The Sport still looks like a go fast.
That must be the case. The one I looked at had cruiser size cabin and headroom. I thought it was more narrow though, but I must have been confused. The Formula is narrow though, comes in the 37 and 40 foot models, and I'm pretty sure the beam is less than 10 feet, I was thinking it was 9.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was on a Fountain cruiser during the shootout last year on Sunday, it was a 2003, and I want to say it was a 42' not positaive, but it was a nice boat, even for a fountain .

I dont know how the 4' fonz could drive it after he built it.

Anyway I would have to say it was pretty cool. The guy who owns it is from Springfield IL and works for Ishringhousin Imports (business manager I think). John where did you buy your Beamer at you might know him.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

I bought it in Peoria. Don't know the guy, but it would be a great boat to take over to Frankie and Louie's after a day at the shootout. That ride is a test for about any boat.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performancemary
dave98-cbgenrl-pwpquesr-macklin-metal pause-van bongo
Based on what I am reading it appears all the above are planning on the LOTO shoot out in 2005. As I have never been there and don't know the hot spots but it sounds like some of you have. Lets get some ideas going. We will be arriving Friday and plan to stay till Monday. We plan on staying at the Tan-Tar.

Relative to the actual shoot out when and where does that happen?
A few weeks before a plan will start to come together. Usually we run to big dicks on Friday around 11ish and have lunch and refreshments...shootout runs from about 10:30 to 4 saturday and sunday and might go longer next year because of the number of enteries last year. Some people tie up for the shootout, some go to party cove some cruise around. Tan Tar A is about 5 minutes at most from the start of the no wake zone for the run. Last year we had about 30 or so boats at dicks during the couple hours I was there, and as usual overwhelmed the staff.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Registered

I had somebody try to tell me today that this might be the last year for the shootout? Something about misappropriated funds last year??

My thought is it might change names or something but it has to stick around, it brings too much $$$$ to the locals......
Old 01-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I also heard that it may move down to be in front of Toad Cove. I dont care where it is as long as it is still in LOTO.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Registered

I have not heard anything about misappropriation of funds in any of the journals down at the lake. It is run by Fire Rescue to collect money to keep the Lake area fire rescue service going. Also have not heard anything about moving it, but that would be understandable. Toad cove would give folks more places to congregate other than Shooters. But at least Shooters put new docks in last year for the boats. One of their problems is the width of the areas between the docks. 38s are the small boats in those docks. And it is hard to pull a 40 foot scater out to race when a 38 top gun or 42 fountain is sitting straight across from it.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They are new docks but they are also way to narrow, we had to cram my bumpers along side the boat. Oh ya clets would have been a nice option, I guess that cost to much
Old 01-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered

It is an iterative process of improvement to get it right. You can't remember everything, next thing is you will want girls in bikinis helping to tie you up.

Oh ya, they did not forget that.

Quick Reply: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.