What prop ?? >

What prop ??

Notices

What prop ??

Old 07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What prop ??

Hi ! I just launched my boat today..for the first time !! The only prop i had in the garage whas a H. p5x And it has problem hooking up .. Its a light mono with airvented padded keel with single 525efi imco standoff + bravo/imco ( High X ) Any suggestions of another prop ? More grip !!!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

We will need much more info. Can you call us?
Otherwise, did the boat get on plane? What rpm could you achieve? What pitch is the prop? Do you know the "X" dimension?

Brett
Old 07-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Otherwise, did the boat get on plane? What rpm could you achieve? What pitch is the prop? Do you know the "X" dimension?

Brett
Yes i did get on to plane ... but i didnt realy hook up . it was a lot of slip ... 26" propshaft is in level with bottom of boat ( imco extensionbox )
Old 07-21-2011, 01:52 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Probably needs to have a drive spacer installed.

Post everything about your boat. Hull make, drive ratio, and all the info on the prop you tested including pitch, rpms and GPS speed. Without the info, its just guesswork.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Probably needs to have a drive spacer installed.

Post everything about your boat. Hull make, drive ratio, and all the info on the prop you tested including pitch, rpms and GPS speed. Without the info, its just guesswork.
To have a spacer is the last option ... The hull is a swedish made 28 footer padded keel, Airvented, 1:50 ratio HYDROMOTIVE P5X 15 1/4 X26 i rev it upp to the beep ,and when i get past 4500rpm there is no speedgain just revs ...the prop loses the grip. I am going to beat some more cup. in it today, beacause the hydro i got seams to have very little of that. I have been driving a similar hull with the same X-factor so i dont think thats the problem ...I just need a "better" prop. But what ? 1 small problem is that i live in Sweden and i just dont thake a trip down the road and buy a new one ;O)
Old 07-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops

Brett
Did you get my mail ?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Registered

Now i tried a couple of props. and the best so far is a stock out of box 30" bravo 1. 5300rpm low eighties ...to much slip !? That i need is a prop with bowlift and lots of grip ..suggestions ! 4 or 5 blade ??

Last edited by alfons; 08-29-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried a Maximus with short tube?

Why is installing a spacer the last option??? If you are too high and can't hook up, you will most likely gain speed by doing so.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Have you tried a Maximus with short tube?

Why is installing a spacer the last option??? If you are too high and can't hook up, you will most likely gain speed by doing so.
I have a 2" spacer now. And i got the same speed with a stock 28" bravo 1 as with the 30"
Little less slip and hit the revlimiter with the 28" tough.... Maybee a modified maximus Will do it.....i have a stock maximus 30 i Can try ...Way to Big and sternlifting for me ....i think...
Old 08-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alfons
I have a 2" spacer now. And i got the same speed with a stock 28" bravo 1 as with the 30"
Little less slip and hit the revlimiter with the 28" tough.... Maybee a modified maximus Will do it.....i have a stock maximus 30 i Can try ...Way to Big and sternlifting for me ....i think...
Give it a whirl, it'll never hurt.

You could have the diameter cut down, that should give you less sternlift. So should a shorter tuhe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.