Sharrow Marine Props >

Sharrow Marine Props

Notices

Sharrow Marine Props

Old 02-04-2023, 07:25 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

talked to them for a while at the Miami show last year. they have no interest in the high perf market and the prop isnt intended for it. nice people though
The following 5 users liked this post by TeamSaris:
bajaman (02-05-2023), Got Freedom? (02-07-2023), IGetWet (02-05-2023), OPS VZLA (02-04-2023), Padraig (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 320 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
I would be surprised if it even works as well as a regular prop.
After asking this, I looked on Youtube (tried to post the vid, but failed because I'm not 'puter literate) and found Boat Test did a few vids on this. Didn't see anyone else test it though, just them. It appeared to work just as good with better midrange power. That seems to be their target goal.

Originally Posted by bajaman
They sure want to CLAIM it is the best thing since sliced bread, and spend tons of money in the boating mags for sure. But I have yet to see an independent test done that either confirms or rejects their claims. Kind of crazy that no one has done this yet?
Not sure how independent Boat Test is? But they did try a couple different applications. Found them on You Tube

Originally Posted by IGetWet
I bet for your fully submerged situation it has benefits. But what happens when you break the surface and that “hoop” whacks the surface coming back in?

Maybe these guys should get together with the V-16 guys

That is a very good question.

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
talked to them for a while at the Miami show last year. they have no interest in the high perf market and the prop isnt intended for it. nice people though
You seem to be spot on with that statement. After watching the "test" vids, it does seem they are after people that stay in the cruising range. Looking for optimum fuel economy and mileage. The prop appears to have a big advantage in the time/RPM to plane and 2500- 3500 RPM range. At higher RPM (which is the preferred RPM range of most of this site's members) it has almost 0 benefit. So, not really targeted for high speed performance as you mentioned.

Thanks for the input guys.

Also interesting to watch were the under water vids of the 2 different props comparison.
Old 02-05-2023, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by xlint89
After asking this, I looked on Youtube (tried to post the vid, but failed because I'm not 'puter literate) and found Boat Test did a few vids on this. Didn't see anyone else test it though, just them. It appeared to work just as good with better midrange power. That seems to be their target goal.

Not sure how independent Boat Test is? But they did try a couple different applications. Found them on You Tube

You seem to be spot on with that statement. After watching the "test" vids, it does seem they are after people that stay in the cruising range. Looking for optimum fuel economy and mileage. The prop appears to have a big advantage in the time/RPM to plane and 2500- 3500 RPM range. At higher RPM (which is the preferred RPM range of most of this site's members) it has almost 0 benefit. So, not really targeted for high speed performance as you mentioned.

Also interesting to watch were the under water vids of the 2 different props comparison.
You have to be careful on their data. They don't always compare apples to apples in the data sets. If it was truly magic they would have sold a lot by now.
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 320 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Trash
You have to be careful on their data. They don't always compare apples to apples in the data sets. If it was truly magic they would have sold a lot by now.
At $5k a prop, not sure they would have sold a lot. But figured someone should have tried it by now.

https://www.sharrowmarine.com/store/mx
Old 02-06-2023, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 440 Likes on 239 Posts

i think its novelty like the shifting props anyone remember those?
Old 02-06-2023, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by xlint89

Im guessing it’s got a little more blade area then, or it effectively does.

Better cruising speeds can be achieved with the 16” Merc Eco or 16” Suzuki style props (solas?). I like these props a lot on my boat relative to a bravo, pulls my RPMs down about 500rpm at cruise.

Some of the THTers had experience with sharrow props. They are dogs.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 416 Likes on 203 Posts

Twin prop designs, like the Volvo Duoprop and Merc B3 are less expensive ways to achieve the same thing. Excellent efficiency at low speeds, turning, and cruise. But, yes they have a relatively low top end ceiling. The B3's and DuoProp's don't cost $5K a piece and can easily repaired at the majority of prop repair shops.

Good luck to Sharrow, but I don't see the market for the types of boats they are after to sell to.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:13 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

My thoughts, i’d be contacting teague, or similar bigs in the industry, and have him (them) test them. If things ho well, ypur product may probably take off.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 120 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Im guessing it’s got a little more blade area then, or it effectively does.

Better cruising speeds can be achieved with the 16” Merc Eco or 16” Suzuki style props (solas?). I like these props a lot on my boat relative to a bravo, pulls my RPMs down about 500rpm at cruise.

Some of the THTers had experience with sharrow props. They are dogs.
How about top speed compared to bravo. Have tought to test on of those large diameter 3blades, bravo gives too much stern lift in my application.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 416 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
My thoughts, i’d be contacting teague, or similar bigs in the industry, and have him (them) test them. If things ho well, ypur product may probably take off.
Sharrow appears to have courted the boattest.com folks (also associated with the Sovereign Boat club). Maybe all those rental boat's in their fleet should have them! Can you imagine $5K props on a rental fleet??!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.