Newbie 21' scarab build

Notices

Newbie 21' scarab build

Old 04-14-2015, 10:45 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram750
Just discovered your thread ! Good job ! ... I am starting an LS swap build in my project so I am subscribing.
He mentioned above his manifolds where for sale. Wonder if still ? If so, might be a good opportunity for you.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 250ekelly
Any one wanna buy my manifolds? I'm just gonna get the headers.
Tried PM you but your box is full.

If you still have these manifolds I would be interested in them

PM or shoot me a txt

612-801-43eighteight

Thanks
Mike

I'm doing a LS in a pontoon FYI
Old 04-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Registered

Wow Ls in a pontoon that's cool. Yea I'm getting ready to start it up this weekend I think. I need to post some more pictures
Old 04-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Registered

update:

ben working on it a lot lately. got to start it up last weekend!!! I ended up having to pretty much pull the whole interior apart. the wall between the cabin and cock pit was only attached with two screws on the bottom. I think the build quality on these small boats aint as good as the bigger boats.

after I started it I had a few coolant leaks. take a look at the clamps I bought I though they would work better than worm gear clamps but I don't think they do. they leave a small gap right under the bolt of the clamp. im kinda worried this thing isn't gonna be reliable. I think I spent to much time making it look neat rather than function/ longevity.... after starting it the cam sounds a bit more radical than I expected. im worried about water reversion. I need to pull the exhaust off and check. .... please chime in with your opinions on any thing you see that I could improve.

pulling apart the dash. im redoing all the wiring I found some wire nuts so I said f it im starting from scratch lol

throttle consle was all jacked up and rotten so started making a new one

got the garage up few months ago. don't know what id do wit out it now. my dad gave me these cerwin vegas he bought new in 86 I refoamed the subs they rock!

I made this harness for the engine. FYI if any one does this and has the msd box up in the dash yr gonna have to make yr own extension harness not hard just tedious. you can get the plugs and terminals from eficonnection.com. if you do it like that it will leave you with 3 extra spots on the engine side of the harness. tach ( because that wire will come off the 16 pin plug on the msd end of the harness) and yr 5volt supply and map sensor signal cause you really don't need it. so I used one for starter solenoid, and one to excite the altenator. and then one spare. that way you got one nice clean plug for every thing on yr engine.

I had a friend make this water neck so plumbing to the heat exchanger was easier. I cut the old one out and pressed this one in. no leaks so far

little rig to start it

here I am priming the oil system
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Registered

its idling at around 850 in this video. click on it and I should play....
Old 04-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work ! keep the updates coming.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I'm so jealous. Sounds damn good to me.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered

250ekelly I have a question for you. Would you please text me when you get a chance. 717 330-3441 thanks a lot.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Registered

Sounds great and looks great. Nice work.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice work.

Is that a quonset style garage? i was thinking about putting one of those up where did you buy it from and how do you like it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.