Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
IMP 310 Rebuild/modification >

IMP 310 Rebuild/modification

Notices

IMP 310 Rebuild/modification

Old 12-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that is going to be one fast boat. it looks sick man. I'm loving the colors you have going on. what kind of fabric did you use on the seats? almost looks like a suede.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdg0080
wow that is going to be one fast boat. it looks sick man. I'm loving the colors you have going on. what kind of fabric did you use on the seats? almost looks like a suede.
Thanks for the nice comments

The fabric is Alcantara http://www.alcantara.com/#/en/home
Old 12-13-2013, 03:46 AM
Registered

Yesterday we tried out the exhaust mockup´s
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514138[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails IMP 310 Rebuild/modification-mockup.jpg  
Old 12-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

This said enough! http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...cing-pics.html
You answered all my questions thoughts and ideas! Sending you a pm. We have 2 IMP 25.5's (My dad and I have matching Eleganza's). I must say this has blown me away very nice work!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Great choices, exhaust is a different approach like where your going with it. Looking forward to some youtube videos of the boat running soon.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Ragman, I would like to know what your ideas are on top speed? And how straight is the hull itself…. I don't know how the 31's differ from our 25.5 but ours both being 1987's our hulls are completely different. Mine which is very light compared to dads which he had to straighten. Even in the upper 70's It ran very wet up front but was also due to his higher x-dimention and lack of trim…. we are both still on single TRSs and Mine ran high up front with a lower X-dimention and much straighter both on Spinelli 4 blades. I would love to know more about your build.. Send me a email please. I don't want to clutter up your awesome thread with me all your progress. haha
Old 12-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Great choices, exhaust is a different approach like where your going with it. Looking forward to some youtube videos of the boat running soon.
Thanks for the comments, we will try to have it ready for the upcomming summer
Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Ragman, I would like to know what your ideas are on top speed? And how straight is the hull itself…. I don't know how the 31's differ from our 25.5 but ours both being 1987's our hulls are completely different. Mine which is very light compared to dads which he had to straighten. Even in the upper 70's It ran very wet up front but was also due to his higher x-dimention and lack of trim…. we are both still on single TRSs and Mine ran high up front with a lower X-dimention and much straighter both on Spinelli 4 blades. I would love to know more about your build.. Send me a email please. I don't want to clutter up your awesome thread with me all your progress. haha
Thanks for your too kind comments

I dont really have an idea on how fast she will go When the previous owner had it running (I bought it with broken engines) it did 75mph on the GPS with 320 EFI´s and TRS
One of the previous owners here in scandinavia bought it as a raceboat (as you probably already know) it was called Cheap Thrills.
Robba (Previous owner) started to remove all of the wood all the way thru the hull and replaced it with Divinycell core material. That made some possitive effects on the total weight. So when i started out with the boat it weighed 2700 kg which i think is around 5900 lbs So it doesnt weigh that much. I have also done som weight saving mods so I have saved another 200 kg so today a total weight is around 5500 lbs

About the hull i have only made the bottom straight before the paintjob was done so today its as straight it can be

If i dont reach the topspeed I am after I have a friend who bought the Activator 27 molds. So if that happens i have to flirt with him to buy a Activator 27 bottom to my IMP

Last edited by ragman; 12-14-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Registered

5500 wow that's pretty light. Just before I started the "lightening" of mine It was around the 6k Mark and I'm 5' shorter than yours. Although my Dad's is even heavier. His hull is thicker and more front end heavy for sure. Activator 27 Molds would be interesting. I was thinking the Active Thunder Mold. Doubt it's possible but the IMP have always resemble them is some ways as far as decks. Since I'm in the chesapeake and a 32' Is considered the ideal length I would even Consider selling mine to get a 310 IMP

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 12-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is the definition of Marine Engineering....great job Sir !!
The following users liked this post:
ragman (06-13-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.