A little different my "I/O pontoon build"

Old 05-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet. Is that a 6.0
Old 05-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

That's just my mock up motor. 5.3. I have an LS1 that I'll be using in the boat.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Registered

bad a$$ !!!! the LS will change the game for sure !!!!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update?
Old 08-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

never mind

Last edited by professor_speed; 08-24-2016 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Found new thread
Old 09-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Registered

any updates?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Registered

She's up and running been enjoy it the last few weeks after blowing a headgasket 4th of july weekend.

Have some much needed prop work todo, but right now its turning a 21p 3 blade mirage at 68mph at 5700rpm on 7.6 pounds of boost. Cruises at 3000rpm at 31mph, couldn't be more happier with it. Have some small items to figure out still but for now I'm going to enjoy it and worry about those over the winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_evzDbJoaKU
Old 09-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by turbom700
She's up and running been enjoy it the last few weeks after blowing a headgasket 4th of july weekend.

Have some much needed prop work todo, but right now its turning a 21p 3 blade mirage at 68mph at 5700rpm on 7.6 pounds of boost. Cruises at 3000rpm at 31mph, couldn't be more happier with it. Have some small items to figure out still but for now I'm going to enjoy it and worry about those over the winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_evzDbJoaKU
more pics of the process please its a great thread
Old 09-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Registered

Do you have pics of the middle pontoon build and the lifting strakes on the outside pontoons? what horsepower do you estimate you are putting out?
Old 09-14-2016, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stimleck
Do you have pics of the middle pontoon build and the lifting strakes on the outside pontoons? what horsepower do you estimate you are putting out?

Best I can do right now, You can see the inner and outer strakes along with 12" flat bottom. Boat handles amazing well at speeds. A few weeks ago I was in some rough water with her, not Lake MI rough but rough for my area, good 2ft rollers. My wife and I head up to the north end of the lake (10+Miles ride) to get thru some channels. I was a little worried about how wet and rough the ride was going to be and I told her if she wasn't happy I would turn around. Popped the boat up on plane, set her at about 3krpm and 30mph and it was a amazing ride. Very little spray and no bouncing around. I have a few smaller 19 or so foot v-bottom boats next to me for the ride and it didn't look like much fun, one even drop back and follow my wake for most the ride.

After blowing the headgaskets out 4th of july weekend I brought the boat back home, tore it down and fixed a few issues, Being this is a pontoon it needs to be quiet when crusing around the lake, but I didn't want to give up the awesome sound of a v8 at 6,000rpm going thru a twin turbo so I did what everyone in the right mind would do and make exhaust cut outs.

Next up was a swim platfourm, I had one very similar to this one but made out of composite decking, it was heavy and look kind of ugly. One late night at work I bent and weld this girl up, Its all alum and powdercoated, Not in love with the white so I might be changing it over the winter to black

You can also see the boat has been named, After 4yrs
Also had a buddy cut some stickers out to help brake up the all black look. I'm not a big sticker guy but I like these for the most part, the turbo might be getting pealed off not sure yet

Also finished the rear hatch so its all hidden from the fun police on the lake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.