Notices

32 Skater Rebuild

Old 04-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome! Going look sweet with a wrap around windshield!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scoundrel - Thanks! I am hoping so too. If anything should stay a bit less exposed to the elements over 100.

Got most of the transom out last night - just a touch to go. My 5X10 marine grade came in for the new transom aswell

Old 04-18-2019, 05:38 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

fun stuff man!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

How's the project coming along?
Old 05-11-2019, 11:38 AM
Registered

Frickstyle - been working on it here and there but as summer is coming I am riding the rocket and dirtbike more often. Will get back at it soon. The whole transom is now out and the next steps are grinding away at the old tabbing back to the original bare hull so I can create a template and make the new transom. I test fit the windshield and would love to make the cockpit wider but I am going to focus on the transom for now.

Still need to cut the knees back but left the existing transom surface for something to measure off off to cut them back

Option 1

Option 2 (I think this would be best)

Option 3. This is how it was built from skater

Size reference for the shield. This is a queen bed!
Old 05-13-2019, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jumping in the deep end, I like it. Good Luck!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:36 PM
Registered

Was lucky enough to run back to LOTO for the cigarette rendezvous and hop in dads boat for a long weekend. What a blast! Great event they put on down there. Tons of happy go lucky cig owners aswell.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Registered

Back to the Skater! Talked to a fellow by the name of Matt tonight with a 32A and learned some more about drive height etc.

Been working in Chicago recently but will be back to work on the boat this weekend. Ordered some new parts for the Arnesons and will be sanded down the tabbing on the inside of the hull in order to make a template for the transom.

All of the transom is out besides behind the knees. Want to leave them to have a guideline to cut through the knees and fit the transom in nice and tight!

Old transom

Just a memory now
Old 07-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Registered

Finally back in town from work and started in on the boat again tonight. I was planning on starting on the transom but it just makes more sense to do the stringers where they have been cut out by the previous owner first. I can step on a 5 gallon bucket and then right into the bilge versus climbing up and down a ladder every time I need to get in and out to measure and test fit all the pieces. I would like to get all the stringers back to original and smooth them all up to a skater of today’s generations standards. If I’m going to do all of this work I want it look perfect in the end and be as strong as possible. I plan on getting all 12 pieces cut tomorrow and mixing a batch of resin and applying a coat, letting it dry, and then doing another coat to ensure that the core is completely saturated so when I go to add glass and resin there is no chance the core absorbs all the resin and leave no possibilities for unsaturated fiberglass.

More to come tomorrow
Old 07-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Registered

Helped a friend put a new motor in his Cig this morning then started making the Skater stringers complete again. All 12 pieces done about to mix up a batch of resin!

Also put a new piece of heavy mil construction grade plastic up to keep all the other toys clean

From the back looking ahead at the starboard side

Port side

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.