No Excuses pictures >

No Excuses pictures

Notices

No Excuses pictures

Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr D
Did you skip geometry class? Just a couple of intersecting arcs would have done it! LOL

GIT - ER - DONE !!
Intersecting arks ??.. I thought Noah only built one of those but hey you ought to know that us southerners don't have too much of the smarts ... Besides I don't think our english teachers offered geometry in school here...

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 05-19-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Intersecting arks ??.. I thought Noah only built one of those but hey you ought to know that us southerners don't have too much of the smarts ... Besides I don't think our english teachers offered geometry in school here...
aren't them the animals with the long noses? ARKVARTS? btw, you're a yankee compared to me!

Git - er - dun
Old 05-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr D
aren't them the animals with the long noses? ARKVARTS? btw, you're a yankee compared to me!

Git - er - dun

According to most around here you are only considered a yankee if you live somewhere other than here , north , south , east , or west... P.S. always make sure your map is right side up.. lol..

oh yeah almost forgot ......... Gitn - er - dun - D

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 05-19-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop

According to most around here you are only considered a yankee if you live somewhere other than here , north , south , east , or west... P.S. always make sure you map is right side up.. lol..

oh yeah almost forgot ......... Gitn - er - dun - D
MAP?!?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

I got a chance to do a little bit stringer work today. Hopefully I will have them all glassed in by the end of the weekend but we will have to see..
Old 05-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered

Weekend update : I was close to making my goal... Both stringers are completely locked in place - bonded , faired ect.. I just finished laying the final layer of glass on the port side & hope to finish the other one up in the next day or so...
Its 11:30 on monday night & I'm going home !!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

Not so much of an update but : When that next day or so got here to layup the other stringer I realized that I was cutting it real close on having enough vinyl ester resin & I was most likely going to be about 1/2-1 Pint short so I decided not to take a chance an I had to order some more products.. So they made it in this afternoon & as soon as a get a chance I will layup the last stringer.. & start fabrication on a few other small projects... Anyways exciting stuff going on here in Saberland !! lol...
Old 06-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Hey Scott. Nice project. How did you determine your X dimension? If you need anything machined, I got a couple vertical cnc mills 24x42 hurco vmx an a 30x50 fryer vb50. Also have a couple edm machines. Always wondered if there was much of a market for those cool billet bolster legs....like maybe ones with a Saber logo cut in...oh ya, not many of those guys...if they ever cut ww loose for me I'm making some. I'll save the program an get th cost on aluminum. Those swim platforms are cool too, it would take 2 setups though unless 50" was wide enough...nah that would look dorky. Always wanted to make one with an arc in it to match the crown in the transom. The cig platforms are flat, looks wierd for all the effort. Wonder if I could bend a 1" thick piece of plate nicely, then cut it?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered

Thanks Dan, As far as my X-dim. goes I would just say alot of research , a little experience , & alot of I hope it works out !! However I am pretty confident on my decision & my set-up but we will see.. As for the : If you need anything machined ?? Just were do you want me to send the list to ?? lol... Besides whatever you do to improve W.W. you will have to make 2 sets of anyways , I mean c'mon you cant possibly give the bigger child something new & neglect the littler sibling huh ?? I have considered a platform before but if I did one I am not so sure that I would want it to span the entire width of the transom & I would probably not go out quite as far as most I see.. Maybe something like a 2/3 version of what you see on the modern cigs. ofcourse with a nice Saber logo instead.. My biggest issue with a platform may sound silly but I hate covering up nice transom hardware with a platform... & besides It already has a nice folding ladder that has its own storage place in the engine compartment so nobody ever knows you actually have a ladder on an offshore boat...
Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

Yes, I'm sure on oso there is enough info on X dimensions to make a pretty accurate call.
I was watching an article on the tv about a restored Apache, it had a 2/3 width swim platform with an arc to match the transom. Black anodized aluminum. I'm sure it was cut from solid. Depending on the radius a 2 or 3 inch thick plate to start. 3" x 24" x 50" x .11 = 396lbs of aluminum wittled down to less than 100lbs...cool...$3 to $4 a pound for the good stuff. I'd start with the bolster legs...they would be cake. I would certainly make more than one set and have another program to cut the Cig logo in for those other guys to pay for ours. Made a bunch of billet front "A" arms for Arctic Cat sleds from 7075 alum. turned out very cool. Geuss I should get out in the shop an get to work. I'll send you a pm with contact info should you need anything.

Quick Reply: No Excuses pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.