Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
Saber 101 >

Saber 101

Notices

Saber 101

Old 10-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now my lap top says pics are to BIG, they weren't the other day. so I will beg my kid to resiZe them sorry,.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For whatever it's worth I got a chance to get up under mine this evening and take some measurements.. It is a long chunk of fiberglass so there were of course some slight inconsistency.. I used a good straight edge & did the measuring with a combo of dial calipers, and feeler gauges.. However as I'm typing and no longer laying under the boat I'm thinking the most accurate way would have been to rig up a dial indicator but hey maybe next time....

The lifting strakes seemed to have a bit more rocker in them than the rest of the running surface at around .080-.100" , Starting about 3-4" in.. The rest of the bottom came in around .060" to .080" starting about 3" in as (Knot-Right) stated, with the exception of the Keel being right around .125" and that starting about 4" in..

Not real easy to get an exact number on any of these as the #'s change quick in even 1/4" span right at the transom and I'd say most of the rocker is within the last 1" orso..

As for the width of the lifting strakes the inner strakes seemed to be a touch wider at around 3.400" and the outer ones being about 3.165" (measured total width from as soon as they started to "ramp up")

Like I said no idea how much (if any) this will help you guys, or anybody else out for that matter, but I'm still kinda curious if the rocker was the same from the early hulls to the later ones.. I know Parn & BGIII mentioned the strakes changing, but not sure on the rest of the running surface...

I would also like to know exactly where on the hull the straight edge was in that pic you guys took ??

I hope I'm not derailing the thread in any way, and sorry for the rather long post...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

I just realized that I read Bill's (BGIII) post wrong and was thinking the Strakes were changed from the early years to the later ones.. I somehow missed that he plainly said Chine's & Not Strake's... Which was the reason for me giving my Strake measurements..

Hey I'm a public schooled hillbilly from TN, be happy that I can read..
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
For whatever it's worth I got a chance to get up under mine this evening and take some measurements.. It is a long chunk of fiberglass so there were of course some slight inconsistency.. I used a good straight edge & did the measuring with a combo of dial calipers, and feeler gauges.. However as I'm typing and no longer laying under the boat I'm thinking the most accurate way would have been to rig up a dial indicator but hey maybe next time....

The lifting strakes seemed to have a bit more rocker in them than the rest of the running surface at around .080-.100" , Starting about 3-4" in.. The rest of the bottom came in around .060" to .080" starting about 3" in as (Knot-Right) stated, with the exception of the Keel being right around .125" and that starting about 4" in..

Not real easy to get an exact number on any of these as the #'s change quick in even 1/4" span right at the transom and I'd say most of the rocker is within the last 1" orso..

As for the width of the lifting strakes the inner strakes seemed to be a touch wider at around 3.400" and the outer ones being about 3.165" (measured total width from as soon as they started to "ramp up")

Like I said no idea how much (if any) this will help you guys, or anybody else out for that matter, but I'm still kinda curious if the rocker was the same from the early hulls to the later ones.. I know Parn & BGIII mentioned the strakes changing, but not sure on the rest of the running surface...

I would also like to know exactly where on the hull the straight edge was in that pic you guys took ??

I hope I'm not derailing the thread in any way, and sorry for the rather long post...
Great info! This hull appears to have no rocker in the strakes.
What was you x dimension?
In the picture i posted the hull is being measured at the very bottom of the keel lengthwise. The picture reveals the last 3-4 inches of the upward pitch towards the drive.

Last edited by KNOT-RIGHT; 10-25-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: grammer 101
Old 10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

PS. Your measurements are much more detailed.

Thanks for taking the time!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Iam going out with the spacer and 380 planes and trying it. to see if a little tab stops the porpoise. if not then trying the full lower.
If those tabs dont settle the boat, you have some very serious issues!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
If those tabs dont settle the boat, you have some very serious issues!
believe me it already is. hahaha. if I can bury the bow with these tabs like a normal set up then the spacer works, if not the longer unit goes on which will put me to just under 5'' like 4 3/4''. we now the hull works fine at 5 1/2'' with no box. reminder these boats all porpoise up to 50 or 60, but you can stop it with tab. I really couldn't without the spacer. I hope it works with this set up at neutral or a little neg tab. I need to run it over 60 to see if it goes away also. pics coming. thanks for the numbers lil.. its going to be frigin cold rest of the week, looks like race helmuts, gloves, jackets for sat or sunday.. coldest ride I had was in HARRY TURNER'S 37 OL race boat 1st one built in 27 degree water at 100.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
Great info! This hull appears to have no rocker in the strakes.
What was you x dimension?
In the picture i posted the hull is being measured at the very bottom of the keel lengthwise. The picture reveals the last 3-4 inches of the upward pitch towards the drive.
Gotcha on the photo of the straight edge.. ;-) They appear to be very similar there (atleast from the pic) as mine starts about 3-4" on the keel as well..

Glad to take the time to do it !!

I set my X at 17 3/4" (measured up the transom) however mine's never been ran as a single so I'm not a whole lot of help there..
Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
believe me it already is. hahaha. if I can bury the bow with these tabs like a normal set up then the spacer works, if not the longer unit goes on which will put me to just under 5'' like 4 3/4''. we now the hull works fine at 5 1/2'' with no box. reminder these boats all porpoise up to 50 or 60, but you can stop it with tab. I really couldn't without the spacer. I hope it works with this set up at neutral or a little neg tab. I need to run it over 60 to see if it goes away also. pics coming. thanks for the numbers lil.. its going to be frigin cold rest of the week, looks like race helmuts, gloves, jackets for sat or sunday.. coldest ride I had was in HARRY TURNER'S 37 OL race boat 1st one built in 27 degree water at 100.
Honestly dude Helmets and Jacket's wouldn't be a bad idea anyways.. Hope it works out for you guys !!!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Honestly dude Helmets and Jacket's wouldn't be a bad idea anyways.. Hope it works out for you guys !!!
only I will be in it for run to see if these tabs work. if I hurt myself so be it. but I would never do it with others, thats why we were running35 to 50 1st two days, well once to 58 that we know of. but brett needs a run up at least 5000rpm and speed. to know what to do to the prop.psI'm to fat for my good lifeline, I'll have to try the old one its real flexible from the 80s.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 10-27-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.