Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
Saber 101 >

Saber 101

Notices

Saber 101

Old 07-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

hardin marine dropped the ball to many people, Artie got them confused so order was never sent even though they had the cc card. so its coming from Dean on friday.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are things coming along Art?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

more issues with parts wrong ones have not been picked up. tried to set the headers in they hit the hatch also hardins hurricane headers were made with the same collector size on both headers so one header all most 4'' longer than the other. stellings and cmi make one collector longer so when you figure out your tails there the same angle. what we had to do figure out a straight piece 3 3/4'' coming straight out then turning down to the 22 degree tail on port side star will come out and go right into 22 degree tail otherwise they would hit transom in to different places. Iwish I just bought STAINLESS MARINE GEN 3s new for half the money, plus the water inlets are on the back of the header instead of front like cmi and stellings. also got the motor mounts on friday so by tuesday Ishould have some pics or wens. then the motor will be plumbed and elec going in shooting for another 3 weeks till water. I was promised they would pick up the box with wrong parts monday. since I have 500 credit going to just see if they send right parts by end of the week or return my funds and order off of someone else. so will post pics this week cutting for the scoop raising the hatch brackets to see if the headers will clear. other wise I will have to grind the coring out all so. so I'll be back art
Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered

Jesh Art, what a fluster cluck this whole thing has been for you. Hope things start going your way soon. Is your lifeline the right size? LOL That boat is going to be a little on the crazy side.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Hey Artie, Get RID of those headers (1) before they drive you
CRAZY and (2) before you cut holes in the wrong place and wish
you didn't! With an engine like yours...blower and all...I'd run
the exhaust through the top deck like the Sutphen. This way you will clear the swim platform and not make a mistake by
cutting holes in that nice hull. Just my 2 cents worth from an
OLD MAN!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Artie, call me soon. I have the solution to your exhaust, engineering dilemma. jjbgood

Last edited by I'CE; 07-26-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

ok lost 2 and a half weeks, but got all the parts now tails came in and just need a few trew hulls my tails are 5'' dry just worried about cut outs, also had to cut bulkhead in front of gas tank for pulleys so I'll glass a thin wall across the 10'' gap thats about 15'' long so its not to bad so by end of the week hope to have that done and alt,ps,pulleys all on sea strainer and coolers mounted next week plumb and nextweek elec, drive steering k planes, then test small pulley first at 1100 hp pics coming next week I got a 1000 to do from poker run 2 weeks ago. then starts the custom cockpit rug with fades so I can use it for marketing rugs this winter.for the big boats big bucks crowd. wish I had this motor last oct on time instead of a year and 10 months later its ruined this build for me. I put of my surgeries thinking this motor was coming ever month staying local for now on with the builders around here. later but its a great hull and should run a 100 plus with 1100hp high x and box.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Registered

more bad news gas tank leaks, we cut out a notch last friday and after a break I saw gas sitting in the foam not the balsa, so I drained the tank it was about 1/2 full. then drilled a pilot hole about 8'' from the bottom to let it out. after a few days I started to fill the tank with water and it did not leak up high so we cut down and down until we were at the bottom and the leak is underneath some where. it looks like the fg wrapped around the foam locked the gas in so if you filled the tank it would rise up and find its level, it never leaked into the balsa. so now it looks like everthing has to come back out and the bulkhead cut out tank out thats two weeks for me. but 1st Iam going to call saber and see what my options are #1 replace with 110gal tank that lays down and goes under back seat and into bilge, or a step tank 140gal same spot, #2 saddle tanks on side of bilge. #3 fuel bladder fits inside of old tank keep motor in. this week I will cut tails out so if there off I can fix them with new glass job. man this all goes bck to last oct if the motor would have been here the tank could of been fixed with the transom and exhaust cut outs that was 2 grand to fix there. well I guess I will keep this boat till I die now I will have a retail price of 75,000 in it when done, but its got a new motor /drive gimbal set up/ now new tank with all the other new parts. the new banana or sutphen would of been 110,000 to 120,000 easy with the stuff I have and they would not of been rigged so it will be worth it in the end just hope its before nov now, I have pics to post but need to get the pr ones posted 1st. tails look great.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Damn Art that sucks. I had no idea the tank was leaking. I never smelled any fumes that would idicate a leak. I can assure you if I had known it was leaking it would have been fixed...but it is a 1988 and you got it at a good price
Old 09-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

like I said if I had the motor last year I would of found out right away and it would of been fixed with the tramsom exhaust cut outs cut out and filling the transom. going to call saber and get advise also looking at bladders may just stuff a bladder in the old tank and not remove the motor. the bulkhead repair is not bad. Iwas going to glass a thin pannel up the middle so the pulleys will fit. if the tank comes out then the motor will too. I will ask Saber about moving it under the rear seat and back out up to where it is, like a step tank that way I pick up 8'' in front of motor and would have a full bulhead there and for the back seat it would turn into a ring bulkhead

Last edited by AIR TIME; 09-06-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.