Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
Saber 101 >

Saber 101

Notices

Saber 101

Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got some numbers for you guys. Just FYI I took them while its on the trailer and no long straight edge to give a true bottom line, so I worked off the hull bottom where it meets the transom and off the transom itself. Used a good angle measure I use for welding fab etc. Prop shafts in relation to transom= at full trim in, which just elimanates all porpise all speeds for me is appx 81 degrees. Maximum useable trim out for me is appx 70 degrees. This number should be the most accurate using transom plane as baseline. Working off the bottom where it meets the transom I got a transom angle of appx 12 degrees. Using the bottom as baseline 0 degrees gives a prop shaft from full in at -3 degrees and best usable trim out at 8-9 degrees. As I said above, these arent as accurate, i didnt have a long straight edge and got different readings at different areas at the stern. If you need any more numbers or clarification PM me and I will give you my number. I get good slip #'s with the 3 blade props I am runnning, 6-7% at WOT, a little more at cruise. 4 Blades had a bigger slip % at WOT and a touch better at cruise.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
drive full negative trim

My technical observation... it don't look very negative.

If I ran the 41 like that with level tab, I'd be bouncing til about 65mph. Then she would start to stay on the tail

I've run beside Hotjava and his boat runs REALLY good in the slop. He can make it bow in upon landing or carry the bow. Depends on the water.

Last edited by Dan Adams; 10-18-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Never worked with a konrad but Gerry's 6's look to go all the way in about the same as my bravos
Old 10-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

I know its a six and a cat look at full trim

Gerry I could be wrong, but I dont think I can get that much negitive trim with my 6's.

drive full negative trim

That's probably about all I can get out of my 6's (possibly a hair more)... throws the best roost at that setting too!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered

Not 100% sure but If I remember correctly didn't Kirk have a transom plate (wedge) of some sort built when he had the Konrad on his Pantera ? I'm pretty sure the transom on a 28 Pantera is 11 degrees.. Like I said I'm not completely sure on the wedge deal ?? Just seems like I remember something like that..

Keep after it !!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by wieland77
I would if I could but boat is at mechanics shop for the winter a couple hours away Adding the 2" shortie with the standard Bravo application changed the way the boat ran entirely and completely eliminated my porpus issue. I will try and find some pics if i can. I know my nosecose sits about an inch "under" meaning an inch into the transom and about in inch below the V with not much negative, maybe a little less that what your showing. Hard to describe w/o a pic.
If i am interpreting this correctly you are now at 5.5 drive height which eliminated the porpoise.
He was at 3inch added spacer now is at 4 inch. However he has the extension box........
Old 10-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Got some numbers for you guys. Just FYI I took them while its on the trailer and no long straight edge to give a true bottom line, so I worked off the hull bottom where it meets the transom and off the transom itself. Used a good angle measure I use for welding fab etc. Prop shafts in relation to transom= at full trim in, which just elimanates all porpise all speeds for me is appx 81 degrees. Maximum useable trim out for me is appx 70 degrees. This number should be the most accurate using transom plane as baseline. Working off the bottom where it meets the transom I got a transom angle of appx 12 degrees. Using the bottom as baseline 0 degrees gives a prop shaft from full in at -3 degrees and best usable trim out at 8-9 degrees. As I said above, these arent as accurate, i didnt have a long straight edge and got different readings at different areas at the stern. If you need any more numbers or clarification PM me and I will give you my number. I get good slip #'s with the 3 blade props I am runnning, 6-7% at WOT, a little more at cruise. 4 Blades had a bigger slip % at WOT and a touch better at cruise.
Great info!!! 12-13 is the degrees we measured for his transom.
Trying a three blade may not be a bad idea.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
My technical observation... it don't look very negative.

If I ran the 41 like that with level tab, I'd be bouncing til about 65mph. Then she would start to stay on the tail

I've run beside Hotjava and his boat runs REALLY good in the slop. He can make it bow in upon landing or carry the bow. Depends on the water.
My thoughts on the trim also.
Oh by the way Wicked won has been one of my favorite vees!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Gerry I could be wrong, but I dont think I can get that much negitive trim with my 6's.

That's probably about all I can get out of my 6's (possibly a hair more)... throws the best roost at that setting too!
You do realize he is at full negative trim?

Scot if ya get a chance could you check your full negative trim.
Transom angles may be different.
Rounds are on Artie
Old 10-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Not 100% sure but If I remember correctly didn't Kirk have a transom plate (wedge) of some sort built when he had the Konrad on his Pantera ? I'm pretty sure the transom on a 28 Pantera is 11 degrees.. Like I said I'm not completely sure on the wedge deal ?? Just seems like I remember something like that..

Keep after it !!
Kurt Who goes by Biggus on here sold him this package perhaps
he may chime in and throw his 2 cents.
He mentioned a wedge also.
A standard lower(not the shortie Arties sporting) would also be a good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.