Notices

Saber 101

Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by pasta
Glad to hear things are moving again.
I might have missed something.
But, where are you placing the new tank?
Under the rear seat bench or in the bildge?
How much does the new tank weigh?

You have been promising pics for some time now... He he he
Let thoose of us who follow you in this thread see what the boat looks like and what u have done with it.
Hi pasta, yes the tank is in the bilge behind the rear seat. where the old one was, which had a leak and the bulkhead needed to be cut for the top pulley. the new tank is taller wider, but 3'' narrowed. so its still a 80 gal tank. pics will be this week we have a bunch.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

had surgery again last week, not planned but got the gas tank all tabbed in. getting the foam monday and painting bilge. tuesday motor goes in. then we pick up where he left off last aug. running lines for water and oil. hope to have that done in a few days, then elec harness location msd and stuff install konrad drive hook up lines. so 2 weeks should be done. pics I'll try and post this week.but we used kevlar for the double bulkhead and tabbing. and everybody say a prayer for HIGH LIFE Mike lost his life saturday at a get together in Boston harbor in his 27 mag. He was a xracer from the good old days and was very helpful to a lot of people on here. we just got through talking about putting a extra gas tank in my boat, he had 5. God speed Mike
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Registered

well getting there motor is in now wiring harness then tran and throttle hook ups plus lay out coolers 2 and put them in over the next few days. I owe a lot to Gerry from KNOT RIGHT. thanks pal. its bed time later
Old 08-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

OK lets get this fuker floating. Did the sea strainer today couldnt have come out better. Brackets and coolers all mounted and set in place. The trans is hooked up and ready to shift. Oil fittings were hung off the block also.. Installed the block offs in the filetr housing. Ned to get the water pick up in then plumb the water system. Fuel pump and plumbing is needed.
-Mike
Old 08-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Fuel Lines run last night
Oil lines run last night
Water inlet to pump
Water to PS/Trans cooler
Water to Oil cooler
Fuel pump mounted
Carb linkage hooked
-Mike
Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Post some pics of that piece of schit...
Old 08-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Fuel Lines run last night
Oil lines run last night
Water inlet to pump
Water to PS/Trans cooler
Water to Oil cooler
Fuel pump mounted
Carb linkage hooked
-Mike
thanks Mike this was in the rain out side we made a pop tent. and thanks for the ride during the run ha ha. the cig ran great see you this week .
Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered

Red face

Originally Posted by jdub
Post some pics of that piece of schit...
I got pics but been busy ha ha. motor looks mean with the candy red paint with black add ons. I should of painted the bilge white, but kept the grey. it should be running by the end of the week with Gerry and Mike banging away. man we went through a lot of ss and an fitting last week. just need to get water out lets figured out for parts monday, then shipped 2 day or over night again.theres a lot more plumbing than in my 650hp motor. so this week pics. art
Old 10-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered

wow so much for a week, but ITS A LIVE. Gerry took a vid today cause I forgot my camera, so sunday I should have pics posted and vid by monday. man this is a BEAST ,I never had my ears ringing from a lil blurp of the throttle off idiol to 3800rpm wow. blower surge is 600 to 1100rpm sound just nasty with 5'' tails and 2 1/4 id header runners = about 2/3/4''od wow.hitting water this week to see what a 17 1/2'' X =3'' drive shaft height will do on a SABER28. I think fine since Boxer raised his without a box to 3 3/8'' and picked up more speed mid 90s in a 31 sutphen 950hp. I hope the saber goes much better with the konrad ace xfactor drive. wow 1 year and 11 months. this spring need to add bigger or mod bolsters and cut outs for legs and extra gas tank.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

cool.... we need PICS! i always liked that saber!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.