Official Saber Rally Thread.

Notices

Official Saber Rally Thread.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAWNA
I was just about to recommend Crosswinds to you guys when I read this post. They have an outdoors Tiki-Bar that is nice, but they really need to know that you're coming ahead of time to line up staffing. Last year, if you went to the restaurant/bar, a free slip was offered at the Crosswinds Marina. I don't think anyone cares about noise in Whitehall either!

Have lots of fun you guys!
DISREGARD! I just found out that the Crosswinds restaurant won't be open this summer unless someone takes over and re-opens it. Bummer!

Here in Holland, Boatwerks can provide dockage for quite a few boats. There is a long low dock on the east side that you may not have known about. I'm sure you guys would all be careful with each others hardware. You could easily raft off each other on the West side.
Again, have a good time and be safe!

Shawn Arnold
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi everyone, figure its time for another update on the run. Its been awfully quiet here lately, I hope everyone is doing well and getting in some nice summer boating without any breakdowns etc. The weather sure hasn't cooperated here, but its finally improving. I personally have only been out 4 times, but this weekend put on some serious time, burned more than a tank of fuel(ouch!).

On to the run, I have firmed up reservations for dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday. Friday at 7pm dinner at Dockers in Muskegon, Saturday lunch appx noon at the Shoreline Inn in Muskegon. I know going to Muskegon twice wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but on the flip side its a short run if the lake is acting up, and they were the only places that were confident we would have dockage. Neither one will actually hold slips, despite my best efforts to the contrary, but have assured me they will accomodate us somehow.

Actual run destinations are still up for discussion.
Since I have never boated the area, it will all be new and exciting for me so wherever we go is fine. We can make a gameday decision based on weather if thats OK with everyone. Hard to believe it is less than a month away now, but I am definately looking forward to it and meeting everone.

Another thing I have found out is that Pat is working on, and has tenatively secured a professional photographer to ride along on the run and take pictures of the boats in action. He also will be bringing some Go-Pro style video equipment to mount on a couple of boats. I will let Pat chime in with the details once they are hammered out.

I am hoping to be down to GH either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning to get things in order and meet everyone as they arrive. If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to PM me and I will give you my # to discuss. Will post again when we get a little closer, but lets get some chatter going here so I know everyone is on board!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

I just got a loud exhaust ticket down in Holland a week ago, so you guys might want to stay out of there. Not sure how loud everyone is but water cops sure know how to ruin a good day. Grand Haven has been real lax on noise this year, knock on wood, and Muskegon just doesn't give a chit. On a positive note the lake temp is up to 62 and has been pretty tame so far. I hope to be able to join you guys for one of the days.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM

I am ready for the run evan though its going to be a busy july with torch for the forth and boyne thunder the following weekend. the boat seems to be be running great, went to muskegon last weekend and ran into the guy behind lake effect boating.com he said the cops were starting to harrass the go fast guys and I did notice them pulling alot of people over.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

I haven't had any trouble yet. But ya, they are pulling lots of people. From those I have seen pulled over, it's random.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered

Does anyone know about slip availability at The Wharf? We are planning on staying on the boat if there is a slip open.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the number to the manager of that marina if you need it steve.
BTW what saber do you have?

Oh if anyone need some one to fill a empty seat and cover some fuel im totally IN.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Saber Steve
Does anyone know about slip availability at The Wharf? We are planning on staying on the boat if there is a slip open.
I believe that slips are going to be limited depending on how many they have available at the time. Overflow will be dry stack from what Pat told me. I know some guys are OK with just stack and don't particularly need a slip. I see a couple options here, either its first come first serve for available slips, or those who for sure are staying on the boat chime in and the rest will give way. You could also call the Wharf and secure a slip on your own. They have been great about accomodating our little gathering, and offering no cost slips, but I am sure a paying customer will come first.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
I believe that slips are going to be limited depending on how many they have available at the time. Overflow will be dry stack from what Pat told me. I know some guys are OK with just stack and don't particularly need a slip. I see a couple options here, either its first come first serve for available slips, or those who for sure are staying on the boat chime in and the rest will give way. You could also call the Wharf and secure a slip on your own. They have been great about accomodating our little gathering, and offering no cost slips, but I am sure a paying customer will come first.
I was planning on staing on the boat so if there is a slip available that's what I was planning on... If all we have is dry rack I will need to figure lodging arangements. I suppose we can figure all that out come Friday??
Old 07-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

...yeah, what Mike said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.