WW is Going >

WW is Going

Notices

WW is Going

Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
Hey Jeremy, this going to take awhile. Mid-summer at best. Have you been out to Bens shop lately? I see your mills are out, what's up? Freshening?
Nahh had to put new ring gears on and put in new starters. Ben put one on the dyno just to see if we could make alittle more ummmfff without spending a ton of dough. found out i need to spend a ton

problem is Miranda wants a cruiser so i will be making a change soon.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motors are 660 ci. Whipples are 5 litres. Starting with new sea pumps and one off chillers on the old school motors. Run it a few more times before we yank everything.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
What CID are the motors? What heads? Curious minds need to know
Dart Big M 410s
Old 04-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Motors are 660 ci. Whipples are 5 litres. Starting with new sea pumps and one off chillers on the old school motors. Run it a few more times before we yank everything.
A redneck just has to love that last sentance !!

660's & 410's you might should have swung for the 8.3's, or twin 4.0 litre's sitting on top of each mill... haha !!! again, can't wait to see it all work out for you and by the time I end up with it, it will need another repower anyways..
Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Scotty, one of the whipples will be a 8.3. 5.0s an 8.3s are the same. Just depends which rotor you drive. Seein as how I have to spin one with a backwards motor, it turns into a 8.3.
We'll have to slow that one down a bit.... or maybe spin the other one faster.

Here's one of the new seapumps, they sure are purty.
Attached Thumbnails WW is Going-imagejpeg952.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered

so what do you figure, 1300? 1500? Gonna be pretty stout, that's for sure.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Registered

Should make an easy 1400 on race fuel. We'll see how far we can push it on pump gas. What are you running for a chiller? Are you pumping water to it or just feeding from a pickup?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Should make an easy 1400 on race fuel. We'll see how far we can push it on pump gas. What are you running for a chiller? Are you pumping water to it or just feeding from a pickup?
I use a Teague chiller for my little 420 blower. Force fed from the drive pick up thru a sand strainer. I feed the fuel into th e blower at plate mounted injectors under my throttle bodies and didn't want the puddling issues at idle with constant feed to the chiller. No warm Florida water I actually have a 6AN bleed line from my intake plumbed to the chiller to flow a little warmed water thru the core when idling. help keep the fuel in suspension and it appears to clean up the idle some.

The 540 I built for my buddy last year uses a 4.0 Whipple and his latest duel feed, dual dump chiller. That sucker literally gets ice forming on it on humid days.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Registered

We're gonna try the chiller on the 3rd stage of the water pump. Hoping with Whipples IAC the idle will be ok. If not it's easy to go back, or figure out how to dump the water at idle.
The chillers will be Bell cores 4.5 x 10 x 14, with 3 feeds into the side and a large single dump. The boat is out of the water alot, the thinking is to keep the chillers working off the sea strainers for longer period of time.
The buddy with your 540, did he build his chiller? Sounds cool...cold.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Scotty, one of the whipples will be a 8.3. 5.0s an 8.3s are the same. Just depends which rotor you drive. Seein as how I have to spin one with a backwards motor, it turns into a 8.3.
We'll have to slow that one down a bit.... or maybe spin the other one faster.

Here's one of the new seapumps, they sure are purty.
Those are purdy indeed !!

I knew the cases were the same on the 5's and the 8.3's and knew in your situation that you would be spinning one backwards, but I was missing a piece..

I was actually thinking for some reason that the rotors themselves were different in the 8.3's over the 5's, and not just which one you drove, or direction.. I've had that explained to me before, but I apparently didn't listen to "Sensei Young" as well as I should have...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.