Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
WW is Going >

WW is Going

Notices

WW is Going

Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

(from Airpacker) Speaking of force feeding v/s a constant flow: "and didn't want the puddling issues at idle with constant feed to the chiller. No warm Florida water"

(from Dantheman) "We're gonna try the chiller on the 3rd stage of the water pump. Hoping with Whipples IAC the idle will be ok. If not it's easy to go back, or figure out how to dump the water at idle."

I was wondering the same question when you mentioned the pump especially dealing with the water you boat in.. Either way it works out, you guys will get it figured out.. Not an area that I'm an expert in by any means, but it will be interesting to see how it ends up..

On a side note, I'd be happy just to hear mine idle even if it was all over the map.. haha..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 04-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
We're gonna try the chiller on the 3rd stage of the water pump. Hoping with Whipples IAC the idle will be ok. If not it's easy to go back, or figure out how to dump the water at idle.
The chillers will be Bell cores 4.5 x 10 x 14, with 3 feeds into the side and a large single dump. The boat is out of the water alot, the thinking is to keep the chillers working off the sea strainers for longer period of time.
The buddy with your 540, did he build his chiller? Sounds cool...cold.
I run dual IAC's on my roots set up. Twin 1100cfm throttle bodies each with an IAC. My concern was more with the chiller being stone cold after a long run and coming down to an idle.

I figured the fuel had a pretty long path to follow before it got to the valves and the more cold areas, the worse fuel drop out and condensation would become.

I suspect your strainers will empty pretty dam fast with that pump and three feeds to the chillers

My buddy's cooler came from Whipple.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only one feed to the chiller but with 3 inlets. It will be interesting. My buddies twin turbo has a chiller the size of carry on luggage bag with 4 pressure feeds and it idles like a 525, but he is injecting way down stream. Thanks for sharing, I'll take all the advice I can get....specially if it's free. Dyno time will be a learning experience.

Last edited by Dan Adams; 04-18-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Should be a fun project by the sounds
Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Make sure you come see us when it's done at KI!!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Make sure you come see us when it's done at KI!!
Hey T. Hoping to come down for some Barge party thing end of June. I'll be looking for you guys!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
Hey T. Hoping to come down for some Barge party thing end of June. I'll be looking for you guys!
I will only let you in there if I get a ride on WW, I need a Banshee fix since I don't have LJ and Clifford anymore...
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Hey Dan! how's Ben doing?

CJ
Old 05-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cfischer
Hey Dan! how's Ben doing?

CJ
Hey CJ, check your PM box.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Registered

The first portion is done. 3 stage seapumps with 1 stage dedicated to the old chillers. It was a TIGHT fit with a lot of re-rigging. Ran the boat Sunday and had wonderful results. Running on pure 93 octane from the corner gas station. 88 degree air temp on shore. At 5100 rpm the knock meter needles would just begin to tick while holding her there for a good 5 minutes without change. Drives by no means over trimmed as she was running a solid 102+.
The boat was extremely happy! Idle quality was as good or better than ever with a full stage of water running straight from the seapumps to the chillers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.