84 SCARAB II Rotten or NOT? >

84 SCARAB II Rotten or NOT?

Notices

84 SCARAB II Rotten or NOT?

Old 10-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 84 SCARAB II Rotten or NOT?

Yes wally I have you boat old boat now. WOW small world. When I bought it. it had the yellow on it but I took it off. What do you know about this boat? All I know when the last owner Jason brought it to washington he had to put 2 new motors in it and that is all I really know. Could you give me some history
Old 10-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Well i dont know who had it before me as i got it through a broker type deal....and they had it free and clear at that time....but when we got it i put all new gauges and throttles on it.....the first season i had it it was all stock .....then one of the drives busted a lower gear and everything was pulled off to be re-done....the motors at that time were re-done to the 420hp specs...but with better intake/exhaust i was guessing it was closer to 450hp ea....the drives and trannies were both re-done by BAM down in FL....there was never an issues with drives or trannies after that....or before for that matter other then that one busted lower gear. When the engines were redone i upgraded to 4" exhaust so i had to cut open the transome for bigger tips.....there was onlu a hint of rot around the deges of the old holes....and luckly cutting open the new holes took all that out. And i glassed the holes shut to make sure there was none in the future.
As far as the rest of the boat goes i cant tell ya how the previous owner kept her up that you bought her from.....but i can tell ya that the guy before him (my old partner on the boat) didnt have too much time to keep up with maintenance... I do know that stringers and transom were all solid when i sold my half off to him....that was a good 6-7 years ago i'm guessin.....i do know that there was some cosmetic things that needed attention when he sold it to Jason......the shore power was ripped out once when pulling away from the house and forgetting to pull out the chord! the plexyglass entryway cover was cracked from someone stepping on it....there were a few chips around the dash panel from use....i think there was some stitching coming loose on the back seat and hatch cover .....the interior was just about all brand new when i was bought out of it....i do know that my buddy had some issues keeping the fridge to stay in place from rough seas here on lake MI...dont know if he ever did anything about it though.....and i also know that one of the motors had a busted roller rocker when he sold it to Jason as well....but the sounds of it Jason must have yanked the engines out and redone them....
Overall that boat was awesome once you get the feel for it.....ive run her in 4-6's and kept up with 38's out here and never had any problems......but like i said..its been a few years so i have no idea what its been through now.... PM if you have any other questions

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it looks like im gonna be into the scarab 400 for the transom now as well. Wally I have a TONE of pics, but I dont have a way to do any resizing for you....
Old 10-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

thats ok...i can resize for ya if need be...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!