Whats It Worth

Old 02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS your boat looks great.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

If any other potential buyers have any questions i can help with feel free to call me at (732) 977-7244 thanks Joe.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered

Quit being a cheapskate and buy a boat already. It doesn't matter if the motors are new. I had 2 new merc motors and after break in of 20 hours before the nyc poker run , blew one on the run. Chucks guys had me back in 3 weeks , not bad for the high season and the week of july 4th! You've spent so much time scrutinizing you'll never have any fun!

Really , when you find what you are looking for , I know we'll see you out there!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

[QUOTE=REDDEATH;2459466]Definately but it will not be cheap.(notice how no pictures are supplied of the entire bolsters-guess why )trust me once you see just how hardcore this thing is in person you will realise why the boat has not sold IN YEARS =TOO EXPENSIVE.[/QUOTE

If the bolister was a little torn i would have skipped the whole deal. Its not like your getting a #6 boat for 70,000 grand or less.....God forbid your (UPSIDE DOWN IN A BOAT)..............
Old 02-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

yeah yeah yeah,why dont you two guys buy the LS SCARAB for 90 drop another 50 into it (bolsters ,complete engine rebuilds ,mufflers ect )and in two years you can have a 15 year old boat that you spent 140 grand plus on worth 50 k. Ps LOL i want a ride and i will bring the beer.HUNSTER yoy too funny.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a question, how many hours are on the boat and how fast did they tell you it would run?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Just a question, how many hours are on the boat and how fast did they tell you it would run?
They said the boat should run approx100 mph.As far as hours its anyones guess (i have hard that years ago the boat was raced in the Michigan area).When something of this nature is for sale according to the seller it needs nothing.Here the selling broker is claiming the 11 plus year old drivetrain is fresh.Everyone is different in my case i just was not ready to take the gamble of tens of thousands of dollars (major rebuilds ,muffalers ,bolsters ect )that this was true.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Registered

PS a compression leakdown test means nothing (an engine can pass the test and still have blowby at upper rpms)every engine builder has told me the same thing the only way to tell is to pull them apart in this case considering their age ,power level ect if they need ajor rebuilds (sleeves,pistons, valves blowers,trannys muffalers ect )there is an easy 40-50 grand on top of the selling priceof approx 90.Buy the time your done you have got a 11 year old ex raceboat (no cabin,race bolsters )that you paid close to 150 grand for.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
yeah yeah yeah,why dont you two guys buy the LS SCARAB for 90 drop another 50 into it (bolsters ,complete engine rebuilds ,mufflers ect )and in two years you can have a 15 year old boat that you spent 140 grand plus on worth 50 k. Ps LOL i want a ride and i will bring the beer.HUNSTER yoy too funny.
Just razing ya, i did not see the boat in person....They always look good in pics
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This isn't the right boat for you. You are concerned about all the wrong things for this to be your boat. Move on and find something more popular and easier to sell when you are done with it (Fountain, Cig, etc) This is a very serious boat built for poker runs and club racing not for pleasure cruises. The eventual buyer of this boat will have special needs/interests and be willing to ignore the very things you are basing your decision on. He/she will buy this boat solely for the love of what it represents. There are obviously not many of these type buyers around these days. I oughta know.

PS, boat was built for Wellcraft execs to do poker runs. They didn't care about cabins, resale value, loud exhaust, etc.

Good luck with your search.

Quick Reply: Whats It Worth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.