Whats It Worth >

Whats It Worth

Notices

Whats It Worth

Old 03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REDDEATH, Did you take any additional pictures of the boat?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jody165
This isn't the right boat for you. You are concerned about all the wrong things for this to be your boat. Move on and find something more popular and easier to sell when you are done with it (Fountain, Cig, etc) This is a very serious boat built for poker runs and club racing not for pleasure cruises. The eventual buyer of this boat will have special needs/interests and be willing to ignore the very things you are basing your decision on. He/she will buy this boat solely for the love of what it represents. There are obviously not many of these type buyers around these days. I oughta know.

PS, boat was built for Wellcraft execs to do poker runs. They didn't care about cabins, resale value, loud exhaust, etc.

Good luck with your search.
Jody i used to run a 31 SUTPHEN which is a SERIOUS boat also.Sutphen owners usually have special needs-interests since they only make a few a year.EVERY boat run in NJ must have mufflers.As far as resale why would i pay top dollar for something that is basically not very high in demand?The selling price to me at least should reflect what the product is worth.Just because i love something does not mean i am willing to grossly overpay for it, not in this market.Let it sit.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered

PS Larry Smith himself (and i know since i spoke with him directly )will tell you the hull on this boat (as serious as it is) is obsolute .
Old 03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Storm i was told the boat was in his showroom Instead it was in a short ceiling ,unheated ,dimmley lighted garadge with 4 feet of snow pushed in front of the doors on a 4 degree day.There was no battery power to even open the engine hatches and you could not see too well without flashlights.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boat is worth what the market will bear. Get it for the best price you can, but at the end of the day, a boat is a horrible investment. I agree you should minimize your losses but buying a high performance boat is one of the best ways to throw away money. We do this for fun and for the love of boats. That boat is one of my top 5 dream boats. One of the reasons is because it is a straight bottom 100mph boat with top shelf equipment and no cabin. It is PURE. That is what I mean by my comment that some people want this boat for the very reasons you are commenting on.

I bought one very similar (see below) but could not afford this one you are looking at cause it was $275k at the time (2002ish). If you love the boat, get the best deal you can but buy the damn thing for crissakes. You cannot force this to make economic sense even if you get it for 60k. Boats don't make economic sense at all

Good luck and post some pics when you get it home!!!
Attached Thumbnails Whats It Worth-scarab-water-side.jpg  
Old 03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Jody i am not looking a boat as an investment ,i am looking to minimize my loss when i sell.The particular boat we are talking about is overpriced plain and simple and is not exactly a hot commidity (all high performance are taking a hit but ex race boats especially )as evidenced by the fact that its been for sales for many years.The extra money is better in my pocket then the sellers.If not there are many more out there
Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
PS Larry Smith himself (and i know since i spoke with him directly )will tell you the hull on this boat (as serious as it is) is obsolute .
Is this just because it's not a stepped hull design?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
Is this just because it's not a stepped hull design?
Exactly,Larry claims the stepped hulls are worth approx 10-12 mph (power for power )over the non stepped and still maintain the great rough water ride.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

PS he also warned me (interesting enough )to be extremely careful in buying a used raceboat because in alot of cases by the time the buyer is done with the rebuilds,refinishing ect he will almost be at the cost of a new hull running rebuilt engines (a fully prepped new hull with tanks ,guages,tabs ect is around 105 grand )
Old 03-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jody165
Boat is worth what the market will bear. Get it for the best price you can, but at the end of the day, a boat is a horrible investment. I agree you should minimize your losses but buying a high performance boat is one of the best ways to throw away money. We do this for fun and for the love of boats. That boat is one of my top 5 dream boats. One of the reasons is because it is a straight bottom 100mph boat with top shelf equipment and no cabin. It is PURE. That is what I mean by my comment that some people want this boat for the very reasons you are commenting on.

I bought one very similar (see below) but could not afford this one you are looking at cause it was $275k at the time (2002ish). If you love the boat, get the best deal you can but buy the damn thing for crissakes. You cannot force this to make economic sense even if you get it for 60k. Boats don't make economic sense at all

Good luck and post some pics when you get it home!!!

UNLEASHED..................one of my favorites and sold fairly cheap from what i remember (around 80,000) one bad as$ piece of machinery....

Quick Reply: Whats It Worth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.