Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
I tracked it down! After 12 years.. 38 Raider fellas. >

I tracked it down! After 12 years.. 38 Raider fellas.

Notices

I tracked it down! After 12 years.. 38 Raider fellas.

Old 07-17-2021, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 142 Likes on 75 Posts

For us European transplants it's with great fondness we remember the amazing Renato 'Sonny' Levi's offshore racing boats from mainly the '60s and early '70s. His delta design was the ultimate in dealing with heavy seas and still get fabulous top speed. The Falcon boats were not a Levi design, but they sure were delta designs. How this Falcon 38 Bonito ended up in Texas from the U.K. hopefully the owner knows, but one thing is for sure; this would be quite a fantastic boat for some youngster on a budget who'd like to take part in the Southern Florida party boating scene. Make sure the transom is solid, beef it up some more, sell the Bridgeports to a handy fanatic, stick twin ECU flashed Verados on her, add mego stereo, bimini, and a cool vinyl wrap and You're a contender for some attention.

The Falcon Royale and Bonito were good performing hulls and did well in Production class racing in Great Britain in the '80s. They made some pleasure boats too with lots of amenities. This one is somewhere in between. Maybe not the choice for us that like the classic flatdeck gentleman high-performance offshore boats, but certainly interesting.

https://www.popyachts.com/high-perfo...texas-r2-67608

Last edited by larslindroth; 07-17-2021 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth View Post
For us European transplants it's with great fondness we remember the amazing Renato 'Sonny' Levi's offshore racing boats from mainly the '60s and early '70s. His delta design was the ultimate in dealing with heavy seas and still get fabulous top speed. The Falcon boats were not a Levi design, but they sure were delta designs. How this Falcon 38 Bonito ended up in Texas from the U.K. hopefully the owner knows, but one thing is for sure; this would be quite a fantastic boat for some youngster on a budget who'd like to take part in the Southern Florida party boating scene. Make sure the transom is solid, beef it up some more, sell the Bridgeports to a handy fanatic, stick twin ECU flashed Verados on her, add mego stereo, bimini, and a cool vinyl wrap and You're a contender for some attention.

The Falcon Royale and Bonito were good performing hulls and did well in Production class racing in Great Britain in the '80s. They made some pleasure boats too with lots of amenities. This one is somewhere in between. Maybe not the choice for us that like the classic flatdeck gentleman high-performance offshore boats, but certainly interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrQayjr58Ac

https://www.popyachts.com/high-perfo...texas-r2-67608

Great history! Ugly boat!
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy View Post

Here's my '82 Mistress someday maybe Twin ob's .....The old skool cigs sure do have the lines to carry loopers.

Mistresses have always been one of my favorites. Jon Hollis has Bob Schaeferís old 77 Lady of the Lake. Probably the most period correct vintage Cigarette Iíve seen in a while. Iím a Ciggy guy at heart and loved mine; just didnt fit in with out desire to boat frequently and keep something on a mooring.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rhythm and Blues:
larslindroth (07-20-2021), scippy (07-19-2021)