skater prices >

skater prices

Notices

skater prices

Old 10-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stick with the 46 Its a true skater the 40 you mention is not a skater its a pile of crap that's been living outside for 15 years. The 46 you can tow with a f-250 or f-350 and if I remember correctly the 46 has cobra 1200s its a the better bang for your doller also the 46 being newer you can get more potential buyers
Old 10-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I've got to ask you. Do you know what it costs to run those boats and ownership costs? I thought I read on here your 19yrs old and I think you need to research more.

There are offshore boats I've wanted to buy but the yearly cost to run them is more than I want to spend. While the boat may only cost $250k, they cost $80-100k to run each year in fuel and maintenance. Don't bite off more than you can chew with a high end boat. There is a lot to be said for low maintenance turn key boats.
Closer to $40-50,000 a year for a 2002 40 Skater running Memorial to Labor Day on LOTO.

I bit off more than I wanted but now I'm hooked so I would deliver pizzas if needed to keep it
Old 10-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SickAndTwisted
stick with the 46 Its a true skater the 40 you mention is not a skater its a pile of crap that's been living outside for 15 years. The 46 you can tow with a f-250 or f-350 and if I remember correctly the 46 has cobra 1200s its a the better bang for your doller also the 46 being newer you can get more potential buyers
You make a valid point. Well I am trying to line up some local business's as sponsors and will incorporate their logo in the wrap to offset the cost of the boat, and I figured a 46' skater with race motors it'll draw alot of attention at the Alex bay poker run and around the docks, it'll make it into magazines, local news, etc because my way and aqua mania already have been for years. The guy with the 40 said its been apart for 3 years and the pics he sent me looked like everything was chilling on the floor of a wet damp room. I'd be curious how low the place in Toronto would go on that 46... The only thing that scares me is I did research and on the google said "owner claims to have been having mechanical difficulty at the time of the accident. I would need the motors to be mint and turn key for me to make any return. If the motors arnt turn key it'll never sell. And for me turn key would be able to run it at like 100 I don't need to do 150 or nothing.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
yes, i know exactly what they cost to run. i have business plan in place and ways to bring revenue to run them. i am researching, ive been building boats and jetskis, and bikes for years. everyone was custom 1 off. i always sell them quick and make a profit. i am not just any 19 year old kid. non the less not what im looking for. i think i may have came across wrong in the original post. i am starting a shop that will restore, modify, flip, fix heavily damaged, high end boats. i have a way of fixing hulls with different technology through our family business that other top notch facilities wont touch. i have been working for some years under other glass repair places along with my own projects. i know what im getting into fully. ive been around boats my whole life, (not race boats) but many types of boats. i am not looking to buy a power boat for me to run with my buddies across the lake... i am looking for boats to find, fix, customize, run it for a month or so until i sell it, then move onto the next. maybe run a poker run or two up at my cottage where My Way and Aquamania reside to market my business.

all i am asking is ROUGHLY what could these boats sell for. high and low side of the scale because mostly all i see selling or for sale are 2004+ All i am really asking. but to answer your question, your completely right, if i was looking at a boat to buy and run and race, it would be way over my head. i researched boat #1 a bit because it was an old race boat that got hit, what i could find was that it was having mechanical difficulty when it got hit. so i am looking more at the 40 right now. also because i would be able to haul the 40 and not need to hire a semi to get the 46 to my shop... but if someone has sold a similar boat or of the sort i would love to have some input.
thanks guys
If you have a cottage where My Way resides..... The last thing I would want is someone else crashed chit box..... Just saying
Old 10-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have any pix of the 40 ? Its not a skater so what is it ? That 46 has sat a long time after the crash that would need a ton of work.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

This thread has the chance to replace CigaretteSam's stinger project thread as my favorite. Just sayin'
Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

...i have business plan in place and ways to bring revenue to run them...
As noted some of your previous posts here on OSO. Great reading!

...i have a way of fixing hulls with different technology through our family business that other top notch facilities wont touch...
Tell us more please! You will get some great feedback on this forum from some highly respected industry leaders.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bill63
Do you have any pix of the 40 ? Its not a skater so what is it ? That 46 has sat a long time after the crash that would need a ton of work.

here is this CL ad. he send me motor pics and it was painted yellow, could just tell it looked like it was tired.
http://hartford.craigslist.org/boa/4116847407.html
but could this be a rare hull? like the 38KV?

and ya, last thing i saw after researching was around 2010 was the crash i think i saw. but i would ASSUME that even after a crash like that, they would get the motors ready to sit. not just run it in salt and then just leave it for 3 years... like i said, im doing my research, not saying im headed to toronto to check out the boat.. and sydwayz, im actually good, im going to keep my technology to myself
i am headed to the miami boat show this winter to see some boats, talk to some people and make some connections.

since were on the topic, if yall could customize a powerboat, cat, V, or center, what would be a dreamer idea you would do to it?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Registered

i am assuming this is the cat they are talking about? i cant get any better pics from the guy so i am just assuming...
Don Aronow 39' cat
Old 10-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Feeling Darrish here

Anyone else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.