Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
New to me 32 Classic >

New to me 32 Classic

Notices

New to me 32 Classic

Old 04-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

FP did you get my PM with he contact info??
Old 04-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did Skate. Thank you very much. Thought I responded, but guess I didnt. I'll let you know if I go that route and maybe we can have a beer while Im up that way. Again thanks for your time.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I found a Mercury Digital Diagnostic Tester (DDT) of the vintage I need with Smartcraft software and manuals for about $650.

Is that a pretty good deal? No way am I paying $2k, but seems like a must have tool for these X's and XS's.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
I found a Mercury Digital Diagnostic Tester (DDT) of the vintage I need with Smartcraft software and manuals for about $650.

Is that a pretty good deal? No way am I paying $2k, but seems like a must have tool for these X's and XS's.
Not bad. I sold one for 500 felt like I was giving it away. Felt like it was of limited use.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Good news, good news! I finally got a little break in the schedule last night to play with these motors. I pulled all of the plugs and man am I a happy camper. All very clean and wet with oil.

My theory on this is that the motors were still in "break in" mode and running very oil rich prior to being stored.

I shot several drops of 2 stroke oil in each hole just in case, waited a few, and the hand turned the flywheels. They both turn smooth as silk. I am very stoked. I believe the rotating assembly is going to be fine.

Maybe I will be as lucky with the fuel and oil delivery. Stayed tuned.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
Good news, good news! I finally got a little break in the schedule last night to play with these motors. I pulled all of the plugs and man am I a happy camper. All very clean and wet with oil.

My theory on this is that the motors were still in "break in" mode and running very oil rich prior to being stored.

I shot several drops of 2 stroke oil in each hole just in case, waited a few, and the hand turned the flywheels. They both turn smooth as silk. I am very stoked. I believe the rotating assembly is going to be fine.

Maybe I will be as lucky with the fuel and oil delivery. Stayed tuned.
Based on the age I would rebuild the mechanical fuel pumps to make sure there are no issues in those motors getting fuel. If the lean out say good bye with a blown engine. Based on age the diaphrams are probably weak.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good call DR ! I would go to Home depot and for 199.00 they have a very nice Milwaukee remote camera with slim head camera with LED . Pull plugs and take a peak inside each cylinder , cheap insurance plus you'll have a thousand other uses for it .

Larry
Old 04-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 554 Likes on 337 Posts

Do you have pics of the blocks, most proly looks new!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

No pic's Noli. They look brand new in every way on the outside.

Good idea on the scope KK. I think I need one of those scopes.I've always wanted one, had no idea you could get one at HD. Have you ever looked up the wife's....no...never mind. HaHa!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes in tool corral , My 6 year old girl and myself were having fun checking it out yesterday . great for checking out dental work and nose hair they say !!!

besides the 1000 other uses it is dirt cheap insurance for piece of mind for you right now. Don't leave home without it to purchase a used engine again !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.